Matte black Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emlouise_87

Reaction score
hey geeks...

can the matte look be done with shellac? im loving the matte black nails with a glossy black tip... just wondering can this be done using shellac?

Yes it can! :)

Apply two coats of Black pool and after you have wiped the inibition layer from the top coat (it might be best to apply two layers of top coat), buff with a 1200 grit buffer to remove the shine.

Then apply your tip using your top coat... cure, wipe and you're done.

hey geeks...

can the matte look be done with shellac? im loving the matte black nails with a glossy black tip... just wondering can this be done using shellac?

Yes hun, base coat, 2 colour coats, I used 2 top coats,dsperse, buff shine off apply glossy tip using top coat, dsperse :)

Ha ha 2 angels came to your rescue :)

Yes hun, base coat, 2 colour coats, I used 2 top coats,dsperse, buff shine off apply glossy tip using top coat, dsperse :)

Snap! :lol:

perfect!! will have a little practice tomorrow. thank you my angels! lol :)

What do u girls think? Just finished :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349431035.036476.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349431035.036476.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 5,741
Brilliant! - well done :)

Fab! I love this effect.

Has anyone ever tried it with colours other than black, does it look as good? I quite fancy doing it with purple purple but dont have to do my nails for another week.
Anyone got pics of other colours?

Thank you!! :) i think it would look just as nice with other colours aswell. Especially purple :)

I love this effect!! One of my clients has asked if I can do it as she seen it on Facebook however I only use gelish at the moment. Does anyone know if it can be done with gelish too?

i'm trying this immediately!

Fab! I love this effect.

Has anyone ever tried it with colours other than black, does it look as good? I quite fancy doing it with purple purple but dont have to do my nails for another week.

Looks fab using masquerade shellac :)
Vicki c

I love this effect!! One of my clients has asked if I can do it as she seen it on Facebook however I only use gelish at the moment. Does anyone know if it can be done with gelish too?

I'm sure it must be the same, I'm thinking of trying it with my Gelish. The only thing I'm worried about is that when I ever file my top coat usually to do a new one or infill, it doesn't look very nice!:eek:

I'm sure it must be the same, I'm thinking of trying it with my Gelish. The only thing I'm worried about is that when I ever file my top coat usually to do a new one or infill, it doesn't look very nice!:eek:

I know what you mean! Let me know how you get on :)

You have to use a very fine buffer, a file will give it scratch marks, I use the 220 grit super fine sand turtle by NSI. You probably could use the rougher side of a 3 way shine buffer. I haven't tried that yet :)

Fab! I love this effect.

Here it is with tuitti fruitti :)

Attachments

• tutti fruitti.jpg
    tutti fruitti.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 958

Latest posts

Back