Maximist solution usage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazmaz

Reaction score
hi all

i am doing a couple of tans per week as pratice for my tan course and its going brilliantly,very happy,just wondering how much solution do u use? i have got it down to just under 60ml so using less as i get more pratice,i feel comfortble with how my gun is set and the speed im working.

thanks maz

you should be using around 40-50ml per tan depending on body size once you have got your technique perfected you will use less solution as you will not overlap as much,your gun should be screwed all the way in and a little less than half a turn out,any more than this just wastes solution and causes overspray hth

hi all

i am doing a couple of tans per week as pratice for my tan course and its going brilliantly,very happy,just wondering how much solution do u use? i have got it down to just under 60ml so using less as i get more pratice,i feel comfortble with how my gun is set and the speed im working.

thanks maz
thats pretty good for a newbie so well done,
The Maximist does have a tendency to use a tad more solution than the minimist(T200) which has a finer mist .

Try and target about 45ml with your machine...just keep turning that dial down a tad and you will get there
Good luck and well done:hug:

thanks for your replies

i am very chuffed with myself,i am gona turn it down a tad next time i do a tan n see how i go,im doing a couple a week to keep me praticing n my model who i pratice on commented how comfortble i was and looked with my gun n the way i was spraying and my routine were to spray ect so that felt god too!

thanks again

maz xx

hi guys can i ask what may seem to be a silly question but how do u guys know exactly what ml u use, i seem to over use, i seem to find clients that love the "being uberdark" before i finish taning them, please help me use less, newbie tanner im dead jealous, my tanning course never advised of such a thing:lol:

hi there i am fine with how much i use i have the maximist my only problem is when the solution goes down by the 50 ml my gun doesnt spray ag good i sometimes need to give it a kinda shake is this normal x

hi guys can i ask what may seem to be a silly question but how do u guys know exactly what ml u use, i seem to over use, i seem to find clients that love the "being uberdark" before i finish taning them, please help me use less, newbie tanner im dead jealous, my tanning course never advised of such a thing:lol:

Its simply a usage thing...just turn that output valve down a bit each week and you will sonn get there :hug:

Before you start to spray put your solution into a measuring jug and measure out say 100ml, when you have finished spraying pour it back into the jug and voila, you know just how much solution you have used.

i have a completely differnt system to you guys, a liquid gold machine, looked up some videos etc here on the site and you all seem to have far more comlexed machines, wow
thanks collin

fab replies and thanks again

so if i turn the nozzel down ill spray at the same rate as i am now or go a tad slower as the solution isnt coming out as much? i want to get down to using the correct ammount them my solution is gona go futher

maz xxx

fab replies and thanks again

so if i turn the nozzel down ill spray at the same rate as i am now or go a tad slower as the solution isnt coming out as much? i want to get down to using the correct ammount them my solution is gona go futher

maz xxx
Hi Maz,
its simply a case of finding the right balance which only you can do as one of the factors is the speed of your movement across the body.
The three elements to get right are
1) output volume from the gun
2)distance the gun is away from the skin
3) your speed of movement across the body

Finding the balance between these three aspects will undoubtedly reduce your solution consumption and improve your customers tan outcome.
Keep experimenting and you will undoubtedly get there in the end

Good luck :hug:

thanks for your reply

i found after i turned the gun down again i used a old towl and had a go on that to see how it went so ill do the same this time,after a couple of sprays i got used to it or if with a clients i could see how the first spray went and go closer/further away slower/faster if needed,i have adapted very well and cant wait to gain more experience.

maz xx

Latest posts

Back