Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 59863

Just been playing with MegaMix and additives!

L-R (no base colours)

Irresistible Snakebite pigment
CND Copper Mine
CND Midnight Tide (my favourite!)
CND Amethyst Flash

Went on like a dream and I used a 50/50 ratio and a CND Proseries Gel Brush #6 to apply xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Isn't let me upload...will try again! x

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395678651.356823.jpg

Nice!! :lol:

I posted earlier on today concerning my nail biter with very ridged nails and she loves Megamix, but for some reason the last 2 applications (out of 6) we can't keep it on.

So my questions is.....

Can I do 2 layers of Amazin' Base? Or should I put a hard gel layer down first then continue with the Megamix application?

Please help :eek:

I posted earlier on today concerning my nail biter with very ridged nails and she loves Megamix, but for some reason the last 2 applications (out of 6) we can't keep it on.

So my questions is.....

Can I do 2 layers of Amazin' Base? Or should I put a hard gel layer down first then continue with the Megamix application?

I find MM very solid in itself. Could you not put a thicker layer of just mm down by itself before adding thin layers of colour ?

I think I read from Martin that you can build with it so maybe try that if you haven't already ?

Xxx

Looking into getting megamix. Do you think pot or bottle is best or does it really matter? Also, do you find it lasts as long as other gel polishes like ACG, shellac etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking into getting megamix. Do you think pot or bottle is best or does it really matter? Also, do you find it lasts as long as other gel polishes like ACG, shellac etc?

Please visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/bdnailshull I will return all likes & reviews :D x

I think its a case of personal choice, I love the ease of the pot though.

As for longevity, I get slightly longer than a shellac application on myself as its a slightly thicker product so my nails are less likely to bend - I've paper thin nails.
I will add after 7 loads of hot washing up and a two hour swim a few of my nail coverings just floated off, so exactly the same as with shellac, gel polish etc
I'm sure that's down to my own nails absorbing water tho and not science of product ;)

So my questions is.....

you can double base :) or use megamix raw ( clear)

to ensure longevity its about balancing the product with the clients needs.
add a little more for a little more strength :) adding body without bulk :)

Have any gelish or bio users tried this gel ? I wondered what the comparison is with strength ?

Have any gelish or bio users tried this gel ? I wondered what the comparison is with strength ?
lilly
i was a bio sculpture educator and love bio sculpture megamix clear gel is very similar to clear bio sculpture ( apart from it does not bond directly onto the nail) it is slightly stronger than clear ( half way between clear and s gel) but has a lot of the same properties and is a fraction of the price well worth giving it a try

lilly
i was a bio sculpture educator and love bio sculpture megamix clear gel is very similar to clear bio sculpture ( apart from it does not bond directly onto the nail) it is slightly stronger than clear ( half way between clear and s gel) but has a lot of the same properties and is a fraction of the price well worth giving it a try

Thank you for your reply ! I've read a fair but of this thread but I'm slightly confused ( doesn't take much !!!) you say it doesn't bond to the nail ? X

Thank you for your reply ! I've read a fair but of this thread but I'm slightly confused ( doesn't take much !!!) you say it doesn't bond to the nail ? X

Hi, I read that to mean doesn't bond directly to the nail so you need a basecoat first.

That is how I understand it, yes. The megamix clear gel is not applied directly to the nail, it requires a base gel first. As apposed to bio sculptures clear gel which is applied directly to the nail plate. I use bio sculpture and have just bought megamix so am currently trialling on myself :wink2:

Megamix is not designed to bond directly to the nail plate surface, and therefore requires amazin base ( or base coat gel ) for adhesion.
:)

I think Megamix will be the perfect solution if you want a pale pink or lilac and your current gel polish brand *cough* Gelish *cough* fades. :D

And that's exactly why I'm going to try it with the Morgan Taylor 'New Kicks on the block' to replace the Gelish 'All Haile the Queen' that fades!x

So roughly how much MM should I start off with in a dampen dish? I'll match the colour with the same amount but I'm not sure how much to start with to do one set, allowing 2/3 coats...??x

Latest posts

Back