Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this has been mentioned somewhere but I can't find the answer. I've got the spare empty bottle to store my megamix brush and I'm wondering what you put in it? I remember Martin saying to put 'alcohol' in it but unsure as to what this means? Was he referring to 99% IPA or something else? Thanks!

Yep 99% IPA ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

i know this has been mentioned somewhere but i can't find the answer. I've got the spare empty bottle to store my megamix brush and i'm wondering what you put in it? I remember martin saying to put 'alcohol' in it but unsure as to what this means? Was he referring to 99% ipa or something else? Thanks!
ipa

I want to introduce megamix to my fb page how have you all worded it? I don't particularly want to say the name at this point x

I have just worded it that I have a fantastic product that I can use to custom blend to achieve any colour, I have removed the label from the pot :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep 99% IPA ;) xxx

Thanks guys!! x

Can anyone recommend where I can buy 99% IPA from? I've looked in chemists, homebase, maplin electronics and no one has any :(

Can anyone help please?x

I get mine from Sweet Squared, they call it d.sperse but you have to be registered to buy from then.

Karaxxx

Gelish with a few custom blended Megamix nails ;)

1396557999724.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can anyone recommend where I can buy 99% IPA from? I've looked in chemists, homebase, maplin electronics and no one has any :(

Can anyone help please?x

This is normally what you would use to wipe the sticky layer off your gels. Plenty of different ones about. Your usual wholesalers should have this if they supply a gel system. :) x

Can anyone help please?x
any kinda prep solution will work in your bottle it does not have to be 99% IPA i just use that as a generic reference for wipe and scrub and prep etc because that is what most preps are made of. Just use what ever you use for prep and put that in your bottle brush,its just to keep it clean and stop it from setting a bit of brush cleaner would work if you are desperate. :)

After reading this just ordered my megamix to try and incorporate with my gel I already use. Cant wait for it to arrive, excited to play after everything I've read!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396619155.536202.jpg

Irresistable neon yellow pigment and a bright coral by Pixi.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396619202.414405.jpg

Some foils bought from megamix too over Shellac Blackpool, then OPI a butterfly moment and Models Owl Matte Effect Neon Green at the end!

Loving megamix and only got it today, thanks Martin!!

So excited to try more new stuff 😃😃😃😃

Megamix with loose holographic glitter from Artiglio (Jules)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396639231.806182.jpg

I've tried Megamix with RNP ang glitter with great results and I've seen all your fantastic results with pigments. Has anyone tried it with duochromes or textured polish? Just wondered what the results were like.

I've tried Megamix with RNP ang glitter with great results and I've seen all your fantastic results with pigments. Has anyone tried it with duochromes or textured polish? Just wondered what the results were like.

I used it with liquid sand polish by opi and it just came out said I'd used it with a normal polish x

suzanne20f I'm happy to answer any question you have.

Basically in a nutshell it enables you to turn anything you want into a gel polish, bring all those old polishes that are sat on the shelf back to life.

If you take for example shellac. gelish. artistic colour gloss, any hybrid formula gel polish. They consist of consist of a secret gel formula mixed with, secret polish or pigment or colour ingredient ( on a massive scale) an then bottled for you to use.

what Megamix is is a secret formula :lol: pure polish-able soak off gel (before they add the colour ) in its raw state, giving you the freedom to mix it with whatever you want to create your own custom gel polish formula.

There is no reason why you could not just use this it is a stand alone system, but my intention is that it can be used alongside whatever it is you are currently using . As you say there is always a polish or a pigment or some manufacturer that don't do your favorite colour or shade in a gel.

and when that happens you pull out your pot of megamix and mix it up yourself.

Its the kind of product that every nail tec should have on their desk just for that reason :)

well I hope that helps and if there are any more questions just ask :lol:

What a great idea!!! I love this and will be getting it asap! Thank you for all your hard work and making something that I've wanted for a long time!

qyqy5yve.jpg

Mega Mix with Misa orange polish. Client loved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord I have just read this whole thread!!! 👀👀👀 it is such an advantage being able to speak to the creator !! Love all your comments pics and advise have just ordered my set and cannot wait to try it out. 😄😄😄

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396857841.378185.jpg
Mega mix with china glaze and glitter :) my clients are loving been able to choose from my normal polish collection as well.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396893316.791926.jpg

Love this silver. OPI haven't the foggiest.

Latest posts

Back