Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the megamix topcoat like for staining? X

Hi everyone,

I think I read somewhere that you don't have to use the megamix base and topcoat, you can use your gel system base and topcoat if preferred, is that right?

I just wondered if anyone had found out whether their liability insurance would still cover them? I know that systems are not usually meant to be mixed. If someone could let me know, that would be great :) thanks

Best thing to do is check with your insurers. For best results it's recommended to use the system as a whole but correct me if I'm wrong Martin has said other systems base/top coat can be used so the manufacturer has agreed it can be.

However best to be safe then sorry xx

What is staining?

I mean does the topcoat stain easily, say with alcohol or cleaning products. My Bio one can stain quite easily x

I mean does the topcoat stain easily, say with alcohol or cleaning products. My Bio one can stain quite easily x

I don't quite get what you mean but iv had no damage or discolouration from cleaning chemicals etc going on them and I don't ever wear gloves

Emma-Louise

My Megamix arrived last week and I've yet to try it out... Martin was kind enough to send me a pot to try but I have all CND products! I have Shellac and Brisa Lite so I'm wondering if I could use the Brisa Lite Base and Top coats or if I should go down to my local Salon Supply store and pick up Gelish Base and Top coats.
I was stewing about this and thought I would approach the topic here and see if anyone has tried MM with Brisa Lite. It's a removable Gel... but would it work like a Gel polish and have a compatible chemical makeup?
I used Gelish as an example but if there is a more popular Gel product that I should pick up, do tell.
I really want to try it out but don't want to waste time, product or money experimenting... also, it may LOOK like it's adhering to the base coat when I try it on my "sample sticks" but I won't know if it REALLY IS unless I apply it on myself it or try it on a client.
HELP???

Previous posts from martin indicate that mm has been designed to be flexible ie: you can mix the gel with pretty much anything - powder, gel, glitters, polish etc and that you can use any base/top coat or apply over natural nails or enhancements. Obviously best results will come from using mm base and top coat. The prices aren't expensive so you wouldn't be breaking the bank buying mm base and top coat x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried everything to get my mega mix a bit thinner as it wasn't coming out the bottle so I rang mm and spoke to a really lovely guy who is kindly going to put a pot of mm in the post for me....super service thank you mega mix...

And on the customer service front, I just want to say that Martin was wonderful. He was able to get my MM order to my hotel in London during my visit. I haven't had a chance to play with it, but it is exciting to be one of the first to try MM in the US!

Last edited:
I want to use mm for strength on a client that has come to me after having acrylic on (and biting them off!!). I use Shellac so would I do Shellac service in the normal way and then before the top coat use one thin coat of mm or would I use mm after base coat and then proceed to colour? Would really appreciate some feed back. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to use mm for strength on a client that has come to me after having acrylic on (and biting them off!!). I use Shellac so would I do Shellac service in the normal way and then before the top coat use one thin coat of mm or would I use mm after base coat and then proceed to colour? Would really appreciate some feed back. Thanks

If I'm strengthening I put the coat of pure MM after the base coat. I find it does the trick :)

Thank you (;

Anyone know who's selling megamix in Ireland? Or is it only bought online? Sorry if this question's been asked already!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I use mm on top of acrylics? And would I need the base coat on acrylics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo nails
Yes you can - no base coat required xx

Thank you therealmrsgrey. Did my neon megamix today but yours look brighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo nails
Yes you can - no base coat required xx

Thank you therealmrsgrey. Did my neon megamix today but yours look brighter

Oh no! Did you add enough? I took a pic of mine in a nightclub in Marbella at the weekend...very neon! xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400098314.318690.jpg

Therealmrsgrey ....They look cool. Hope you had a good time....I put about 2 scoops in . I've posted a pic on Instagram if you want to see. X

Megamix with mica metallic powdersImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400101327.768858.jpg

Emma-Louise

Anyone know who's selling megamix in Ireland? Or is it only bought online? Sorry if this question's been asked already!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Online only x

Latest posts

Back