Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just going to order some megamix now,anyone have a promo code??
Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Was just going to order some megamix now,anyone have a promo code??

Its as cheap as chips right now, very good value for the money.. Buy it before it goes up to full costs!

Its as cheap as chips right now, very good value for the money.. Buy it before it goes up to full costs!

I wasn't aware that the price was going to go up and it was an introductory offer?

Maybe Martin can confirm? X

Yes, its just it asks for a promo code,and if I can get it cheaper than chips,especially a line I have never used before,then I want to pay the least amount for it, for obvious reasons!
I found one for April,but anyone have an up to date code?

What does everyone use to mix the product in?
And how do you clean it after??

I use a dappen dish and clean it with gellux prep and wipe

Emma-Louise

I saw this thread pop up in January and waited for others too try and test with all the variations before taking the plunge!

I've just ordered the set and I'm so excited for it too arrive! I have around 150 Barry M colours and 30 Essie colours that I can't wait to play with!

I use Gelish and do get frustrated when seeing the problems with colours fading. I know Gelish do everything they can to help resolve these issues. I do feel this will be a solution for pastel colours and offering a wider variety to clients.

I love the fact, when I get my business together, I will be able to offer clients a wide variety and the option to bring any colour of their choice. This alone will really help me during my official start up and hopefully (research pending) will give me the upper hand in my area.

One thing I did notice when ordering is that you don't need to login to view prices. Maybe it's just me, but I do like to keep those things hidden from clients. I'm not sure if this was raised before and I've missed it but maybe something to amend in the future Martin.

I can't wait too text my nan and tell her she can buy any polish or have any polish she likes and it will last for 3 weeks or more! She will be so excited, as will I!

I use a dappen dish and clean it with gellux prep and wipe

Emma-Louise

Thank you, now having my first play, do you clean the brush there same way in between colours??

I saw this thread pop up in January and waited for others too try and test with all the variations before taking the plunge!

I've just ordered the set and I'm so excited for it too arrive! I have around 150 Barry M colours and 30 Essie colours that I can't wait to play with!

I use Gelish and do get frustrated when seeing the problems with colours fading. I know Gelish do everything they can to help resolve these issues. I do feel this will be a solution for pastel colours and offering a wider variety to clients.

I love the fact, when I get my business together, I will be able to offer clients a wide variety and the option to bring any colour of their choice. This alone will really help me during my official start up and hopefully (research pending) will give me the upper hand in my area.

One thing I did notice when ordering is that you don't need to login to view prices. Maybe it's just me, but I do like to keep those things hidden from clients. I'm not sure if this was raised before and I've missed it but maybe something to amend in the future Martin.

I can't wait too text my nan and tell her she can buy any polish or have any polish she likes and it will last for 3 weeks or more! She will be so excited, as will I!

Martin has mentioned in previous posts that to make it a professional only product would be too costly and hard to check all credentials. He wants a product that will remain cheap for the consumer but work as well as a top brand product with the versatility of being used with almost anything. This is why he currently doesn't ship outside of the UK, as its too costly and any additional costs would have to passed onto the consumer. Despite anyone being able to buy it, the general public will not get the same professional results as those who are qualified professionals x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Martin has mentioned in previous posts that to make it a professional only product would be too costly and hard to check all credentials. He wants a product that will remain cheap for the consumer but work as well as a top brand product with the versatility of being used with almost anything. This is why he currently doesn't ship outside of the UK, as its too costly and any additional costs would have to passed onto the consumer. Despite anyone being able to buy it, the general public will not get the same professional results as those who are qualified professionals x

I must of missed that bit when reading through, there's so much content it's difficult too know you've read each bit thoroughly!

Thanks for the response though, it does makes sense and doesn't put me off. I was a DIY'er and realised my love of nails and took it further with training. So I know all too well that you don't get the same quality DIY'ing as professionally.

Thanks again though x

Its OK...there are a lot of pages/responses to read. Took me a few days to read through it all! X

So I've had a good play this morning, seems good, especially with polish but any tips for mixing with glitter, I can't seem to get full coverage, is this possible??
Here's some of them, the glitters are not so good but loving some of the pastels ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400497317.378739.jpg

So I've had a good play this morning, seems good, especially with polish but any tips for mixing with glitter, I can't seem to get full coverage, is this possible??
Here's some of them, the glitters are not so good but loving some of the pastels View attachment 65395

Work with a mix ratio of 50/50 gel/glitter. Work with thin layers...you may need to apply 2/3 coats. Also worth placing a block colour to match ur glitter colour underneath x

Maybe try more really thin coats?

Those colours look so nice, omg, im just going to buy some. I too keep reading and re-reading all the threads. Just want to try it myself!

And also, has anyone tried this with acrylic paints at all?
I had a friend at college who was fab at nail art, her colours were so bright and the white so crisp. I asked her what she used....acrylic art paints!
So...wondered if it had been done yet!? Or if it is even recommended as obviously its not really a form of make up (ie eye shadow, blusher of polish!? ol)

Thanks guys

Work with a mix ratio of 50/50 gel/glitter. Work with thin layers...you may need to apply 2/3 coats. Also worth placing a block colour to match ur glitter colour underneath x

Yes, tried as per instructions, roughly 50:50 although hard to tell with glitter, thin coats, all on this wheel were 3 coats. Just seem to be very gappy using glitter, prob best to out a base colour on first I think. Don't think you'd ever get full coverage.

Thanks all x

When I did orange UV glitter on my sisters toes I mixed it with an orange neon acrylic powder in the gel and applied. X

I use a plastic backed pad to mix my Shellac or Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel with additives. I will already have a used (same client) one but it will be just fine to use the back of for mixing. I haven't had a chance to try the MM yet but tonight I will dedicate to experimenting!
I have also used tin foil but the plastic backed pads seem to stick to the surface and not slide around. You can just wipe the leftover gel on a tissue and use the pad for D'sperse or alcohol if it's an unused one. I really hate to waste products and supplies.
I will be posting my results later... I've just been too busy working two job right now.

I use a glass dappen dish especially if using polish or acrylic paints as it stops it drying out. I did use a mixing pallet the other day when using additives/pigments mixed with the mm (I needed 5 colours and didn't have 5 dappen dishes so this was perfect 😊) i then just clean out with cotton wool and scrubfresh (or whatever you have that you would use to remove the gel tacky layer)x

Latest posts

Back