Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can, but obviously as with any product, you will get optimum results using the complete system x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou. Can you recommend a good brush please as I've only ever used standard style bottles of polish. I didn't see any brushes on the MM site. Thankyou :)

Thankyou. Can you recommend a good brush please as I've only ever used standard style bottles of polish. I didn't see any brushes on the MM site. Thankyou :)

I just use a normal gel brush for application. I've got mm in the pot though, not the bottle. I've got the crystal nails merlo gel brushes and a crystal nails 3d art brush that I use. If I'm doing a French look on the toes I use a detailing brush x

I use a brush from one of my empty gelish top it off bottles x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is it possible to use CND shellac base and top coats with MM as the colour? I'm excited to try it 😬😬😬😬😬

I'm a Shellac girl but I'm going to try it on ONE finger today... My ring finger. I will post my results today and every few days for wear, colour stability and durability. I am so very curious and I would like to know if I can offer it on a regular basis to my Shellac clients!
Wish me luck!

My Picasso nails! Experimenting with neon polish to create brush stroke effect nail art using megamix
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401052933.222143.jpg

Is it possible to use CND shellac base and top coats with MM as the colour? I'm excited to try it ����������

Here is my experiment with Brisa Lite Base, Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, 4-5 coats of MM with Venique, 2 coats of MM with glitter additive and Shellac Top Coat.
Just the pink nail though...
The second picture is before the glitter. I could have left it as the colour was very pretty but I like the glitter.

Attachments

• IMG_9660.JPG
    IMG_9660.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_9653.JPG
    IMG_9653.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 329
Can't believe my order only took 2 days to arrive to Ireland...can't wait to try the system out this evening! Yay!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Just thought I'd share.. After thinking this product is too good to be true I've tested it on a few people using Gelish base & TIO and the results have been so good! Now I use mostly MM as it lasts just aswell as Gelish & even one of my clients got 4 and half weeks from it when mixed with a OPI polish! I love how you I know have so many colours to choose from! And rockstars are so easy to do with MM! Here are some of my results Love it! (The pink and orange nails are Gelish but using MM for the Rockstar fingers) xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401129385.016243.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401129398.764535.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401129421.133672.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401129452.139057.jpg

I've popped my MM cherry! I'm a mega mixed bag of feelings about it! In order to give a good,tough run at it, I used an old,like 10 month old!, bottle of orly polish. It had gone fairly gloopy,so it was maybe a bit of an unfair test,but I did it anyway.
I can't believe how well it behaved! I had to mix a couple of times as I got the quantity wrong,so I'm not sure if the ratios were right,we'll see in a couple of days.
I'm just thinking how much easier it will be to use shellac,vinylux,powders etc,without the gloopyness!
Not converted from shellac as its just too easy to use, but it will certainly compliment my treatment menu for sure!

Attachments

• 1401140973094.jpg
    1401140973094.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 248
I've popped my MM cherry! I'm a mega mixed bag of feelings about it! In order to give a good,tough run at it, I used an old,like 10 month old!, bottle of orly polish. It had gone fairly gloopy,so it was maybe a bit of an unfair test,but I did it anyway.
I can't believe how well it behaved! I had to mix a couple of times as I got the quantity wrong,so I'm not sure if the ratios were right,we'll see in a couple of days.
I'm just thinking how much easier it will be to use shellac,vinylux,powders etc,without the gloopyness!
Not converted from shellac as its just too easy to use, but it will certainly compliment my treatment menu for sure!

Mm wasn't designed to replace shellac (or any other gel polish), only to offer more possibilities as it can be mixed with most things 😊

MM sell empty polish bottles (really cheap). They can be found under their Accessories page.

I am really sorry if this has been covered before, but this is a big thread.
I, like a lot of you have been experimenting with MM.
On Sunday I soaked off my MM, base, gel, IBD Just Gel colour & top coat. When I removed the wraps, four of my nails had changed shape, so much that the arch was almost a full circle. I washed my hands in soap and water and they did go back to their usual shape. I have never had this before, and have soaked product of my nails for years.
This did spook me. Has anyone else had a client or themselves react like this?

Last edited:
I have just plyed my hubby with wine & got him drunk, and have asked if I can buy megamix, of course his response was 'yes darling'!
Please tell me I am going to get 2 weeks out of it...lol! I have Read this whole thread (took me days) and am excited to get started!

Right am off to megamix.com...will post back my review ........

wow, the glitter vid looks AMAZE! (see what I did there :biggrin:)
cant wait to get mixing !

Thanks

I'm thinking of buying this as my only gel system. Has anybody used it x

Last edited by a moderator:

I must admit. The removal looks quite difficult in these videos or is it just me?

I'm surprised as mine seems to soak off much easier then this and almost lift in one piece then just a nudge with an orange stick and it's off.

I only mention it as I wouldn't want people to think that it needs to be forced off the nail. X

I must admit. The removal looks quite difficult in these videos or is it just me?

I'm surprised as mine seems to soak off much easier then this and almost lift in one piece then just a nudge with an orange stick and it's off.

I only mention it as I wouldn't want people to think that it needs to be forced off the nail. X

I find removal really easy too, like you I find it lifts almost in one piece. The only time I've had to scrape like in the video is when I've used too much glitter!

I find removal really easy too, like you I find it lifts almost in one piece. The only time I've had to scrape like in the video is when I've used too much glitter!

Glad I'm not the only one. I leave them for about 10 minutes and hey presto they're off! Even clients have commented on ease of removal.

X

Latest posts

Back