Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just done mm base,shellac cream puff & beau,then mm top coat to see if the 2 systems mix,the only thing I found was that cream puff seeped down the nail plate a bit while doing the thumb, so I cured them using the 10 second option on my lamp,then cured as normal...can't tell yet if they'll last but they seem fine,so I'm hopeful.

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying this as my only gel system. Has anybody used it x

To see how many of us are using it and loving it and look at the many different pics of things you can create with megamix

I must admit. The removal looks quite difficult in these videos or is it just me?

I'm surprised as mine seems to soak off much easier then this and almost lift in one piece then just a nudge with an orange stick and it's off.

I only mention it as I wouldn't want people to think that it needs to be forced off the nail. X

Maybe it looked a bit difficult in the vid as they were being removed very soon after being applied and as you know it's at it's best then just an idea

Hello. Can I just ask what you all use to get a small amount out of the pot??? I see in the vids that it is poured from the bottle but I don't think pouring is the way to go with the pot somehow. Also, once mixed and used is the mixing pot/dish/plate just cleaned with acetone?? Thankyou :)

Hello. Can I just ask what you all use to get a small amount out of the pot??? I see in the vids that it is poured from the bottle but I don't think pouring is the way to go with the pot somehow. Also, once mixed and used is the mixing pot/dish/plate just cleaned with acetone?? Thankyou :)

Hiya,

Martin sells a little spatula to mix the gel and I use this to scoop the gel out into a dapper dish.

Yup I clean with a little bit of acetone x

I use a spatula to take from the pot. Mix in a glass dappen dish and then use either scrub fresh or d sperse to clean the dish (whichever is closest!) X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here is my experiment with Brisa Lite Base, Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, 4-5 coats of MM with Venique, 2 coats of MM with glitter additive and Shellac Top Coat.
Just the pink nail though...
The second picture is before the glitter. I could have left it as the colour was very pretty but I like the glitter.

So, I am on day 7 with my little experiment and I must say that I am pleased as punch. As you can see the MM nail is lasting better than the shellac. Possibly because there are more layers including Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. There are no chips or wear. Either way... I think I will try a full manicure with Shellac as a base at top coat along with my favorite Venique or OPI lacquer mixed with MM!
Will post again in a few days!

I would say YOU CAN use MM and Shellac!

Attachments

• IMG_9793.JPG
    IMG_9793.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_9795.JPG
    IMG_9795.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 279
So, I am on day 7 with my little experiment and I must say that I am pleased as punch. As you can see the MM nail is lasting better than the shellac. Possibly because there are more layers including Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. There are no chips or wear. Either way... I think I will try a full manicure with Shellac as a base at top coat along with my favorite Venique or OPI lacquer mixed with MM!
Will post again in a few days!

I would say YOU CAN use MM and Shellac!

You don't need to use the smoothing gel aswell as the Megamix. you can use the megamix in place of the smoothing gel.

I use MM basecoat, MM gel (pot) instead of Brisa lite basecoat and smoothing gel and it is much stronger and hard wearing than Brisa Lite.

Can anyone recommend a nice blue additive/powder. I want a mid blue. Like the colour of the send button when you are replying to a thread on here lol. Thanks :)

Can anyone recommend a nice blue additive/powder. I want a mid blue. Like the colour of the send button when you are replying to a thread on here lol. Thanks :)

Have you tried The Colour Shack on ebay (or Gnarly Nails Inc as they're now calling the nail additives side of their business)? They do a wide range of mica powders and are very reasonably priced, I'm sure you'd be able to find something on there. They mix really well with mm and look fab too!

Forgot to add, make sure you get the cosmetic grade powders rather than the craft powders.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of a blue mica powder. The lighter/brighter one is with MM and the duller one is on a white Gelish base. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401725099.877250.jpg

The mica is from the colour shack x

Have you tried The Colour Shack on ebay (or Gnarly Nails Inc as they're now calling the nail additives side of their business)? They do a wide range of mica powders and are very reasonably priced, I'm sure you'd be able to find something on there. They mix really well with mm and look fab too!

Forgot to add, make sure you get the cosmetic grade powders rather than the craft powders.

I've just ordered one from there :)
Thank you so much

Has anybody tried the neon powders from Glitterati? I thought I'd be able to mix them with my MegaMix but I couldn't get a smooth consistency - it was lumpy. Any tips?

Has anybody tried the neon powders from Glitterati? I thought I'd be able to mix them with my MegaMix but I couldn't get a smooth consistency - it was lumpy. Any tips?

I've tried, and no matter how much I ground them down, they were still very gritty! I've had brill results with the Irresistible neon nail shadows however.... xx

Plain gel with platinum glitter. Very sparkly, love it.

Can't post photo argh

Debbie

I've tried, and no matter how much I ground them down, they were still very gritty! I've had brill results with the Irresistible neon nail shadows however.... xx

Ditto & ditto.

I'll just have to wait until they're back in stock then ....

I'll just have to wait until they're back in stock then ....

They r showing in stock on s2 website x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Created these completely from megamix! Let's see how strong this stuff really is! I'm I love with them! I miss my acrylics but it takes too long for me to do on myself and they ain't ever perfect around the cuticle cos I really struggle on my right hand especially! After a conversation with Martin himself about some issues I was having he gave me an idea! So I stuck on some tips and then built up the polish without any colour and created some enhancements!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402258098.790695.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402258107.610765.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402258116.235227.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402504076.013551.jpgDone with irresistible neon powder and white glitter with stamping loving it x

Latest posts

Back