Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first 3 MM pedicures yesterday, one with Mica, two with Barry M polish.

I used Gelish base and top coat and all mixed to a 50/50 ratio. They all looked lush! Let's see if we get the 4 weeks wear without any problems. :)

I did my first 3 MM pedicures yesterday, one with Mica, two with Barry M polish.

I used Gelish base and top coat and all mixed to a 50/50 ratio. They all looked lush! Let's see if we get the 4 weeks wear without any problems. :)

I'd love to see pics of these if u took any? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi anybody had problems with colour density with Vinylux and Mega I have been using 50/80 ratio but the colour is not as deep as the polish on the dark colours

I've not tried vinylux but I've used a really dark blue polish that I had to build the colour up and ended up using 3-4 layers of colour x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just got my Megamix goodies! Will post my first attempts later :)

I'd love to see pics of these if u took any? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going round there again tonight, I'll try and remember to get some! X

So sorry, as I know this will have been covered before but can I use the Dashing Diva LED to cure Megamix? I bought it to use with IBX so if I can use it for MM, too, that would be fantastic :)

Hi, I use mine to cure MM, including the polish mix and found it to be fine. The only time I had a problem with it was when I tried it using MM on colour pops, I'd mixed the MM with polish & it didn't cure properly (it was like thick custard with a skin on, the top coat had cured but the layers underneath hadn't), however I've not had this problem on myself & have used it on a couple of clients with good results.

Hope this helps x

Hi, I use mine to cure MM, including the polish mix and found it to be fine. The only time I had a problem with it was when I tried it using MM on colour pops, I'd mixed the MM with polish & it didn't cure properly (it was like thick custard with a skin on, the top coat had cured but the layers underneath hadn't), however I've not had this problem on myself & have used it on a couple of clients with good results.

Hope this helps x

That's great to hear. Thank you! I will try it for myself with the polish mix. My MM arrived today so tomorrow I am going to have a wee shot. Can't wait! X

Sorry if this has been asked before, but after mixing with regular nail polish and curing, can you use pigments and glitters to work into the tacky layer as with shellac or do the additives need to be mixed?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but after mixing with regular nail polish and curing, can you use pigments and glitters to work into the tacky layer as with shellac or do the additives need to be mixed?

Either way will work x

That's great to hear. Thank you! I will try it for myself with the polish mix. My MM arrived today so tomorrow I am going to have a wee shot. Can't wait! X

Great! Let us know how you get on with it xx

Can anyone tell me why when I mix my neon additives with MM they become a dull colour and no longer neon. I used to just work the additives into the tacky layer of a white polish but thought the MM would be a quicker way to achieve the same result :-/

Either way will work x

Ok thanks, got a client who wants her own colour with pigment ombré

Can anyone tell me why when I mix my neon additives with MM they become a dull colour and no longer neon. I used to just work the additives into the tacky layer of a white polish but thought the MM would be a quicker way to achieve the same result :-/

White makes all colours "pop". When I mixed my snakebite neon (pic attached) it remained neon under UV/LED but changed to a nice coral colour. The only way to make it super bright, would be to layer over a white base.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402953867.774965.jpg

I also found that adding a tiny drop of white vinyluxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402954235.258331.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402954256.008954.jpg to the mix made it brighter that's what I did here x and as u can see it's still super neon even at night lol x

My holiday claws done with megamix! I removed the enhancements I made from megamix came off as easy as the polish even tho they were still rock hard (just wanted to make sure they were shiny new for my holiday) and then re did the enhancement! And the polish is with pigments and carving artImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403005307.569325.jpg

My holiday claws done with megamix! I removed the enhancements I made from megamix came off as easy as the polish even tho they were still rock hard (just wanted to make sure they were shiny new for my holiday) and then re did the enhancement! And the polish is with pigments and carving artView attachment 68119

These look lovely! Did you sculpt the enhancements using MM? I didn't realise it was possible to do that - oooh, a host of new things to try :) xx

Yeh made it from mm. Cos I spoke to Martin about how I couldn't get it to last up to a week. Knew my nails were really weak but even tried on another tech. So he told me to scrub and then coat again with the base coat, do a clear layer with an apex to help with strength. So this got me thinking so I put tips on my nails (as mine are thinner than paper) followed his tips and they are rock solid! Quicker than doing acrylics, thinner as well. And they remove same as when you just do it as a polish.

First lot I did I had on for 2 weeks, no damage, lifting or chipping, even changed the design by filing off the colour. I just re did them today to make sure I have no accidents while I'm on holiday lol!

Here's a better picImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403030150.640447.jpg

Latest posts

Back