Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845337.168745.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845346.315910.jpg

A few from this week :) all megamix xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845327.574520.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406845327.574520.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 304
Cuccio On the Nile Blue Megamix with Gold Barry M Foil Effect Pro XL 5.

Stamping isn't perfect but I've only just started :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1406848901152.jpg
    1406848901152.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 307

Attachments

• 1406849674818.jpg
    1406849674818.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 279
Here's Megamix with Cuccio Colour Brooklyn Never Sleeps and silver barry m zebra stamping. My first stamping client!

they look great, think I will be ordering MM next week, wish I had seen it before I placed my order today for my Veneers, never mind, will be buying polishes from now on what polishes work the best have you tried many different makes?

Aw thank you :)

I mainly use Cuccio Colour myself as they're triple pigmented. Vinylux is good too.

Noooo don't say that, I thought that when I bought Veneer, but honestly Veneer is a good investment. Megamix just means you can have an even bigger gel polish range and it means you can be a polish magpie too!

This sounds really interesting! :)
But..... Isn't this just the same as Chroma Gel?

X

Here's my first ever set of megamix nails. Love it already.

ad05a215af90df8a82a9d3a5174ca310_zpsc3aba35f.jpg

Quick question ladies, if I want to change my ring finger ie ( maybe add a konad nail art design) how would I go about doing so? Thanks x

Lovely Louise2019 what polish did you use with the MM? also when did you add the stone before or after curing the colour?

Thank you very much. I used OPI shade called ' kiss me I'm Brazilian' and the mint colour is china glaze called ' at vase value' .i set the stones in after the cured colour then coated with topcoat. They are sooo shiney x

Last edited:
Glad OPI and China glaze work well with MM as that's what I'll be using to start with (thinking of getting cuccio polishes for MM) can the stone be cured with the colour before the TIO? would that make it stay on longer?

I did this on a client yesterday. It's Cuccio Costa Rican Sunset with Megamix and Barry M stamping using MoYou

I changed mine yesterday very quickly as I went out for the evening. So mixed Lecente Holo Silver Glitter with MM then stamped over with Black Konad. Not the best job as I was rushing to get out haha!

Attachments

• 1407080367435.jpg
    1407080367435.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 305
  • 1407080385125.jpg
    1407080385125.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 1407080531385.jpg
    1407080531385.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 309
lovely, love the black on silver, is that the glitter you can buy from MM? do you find konad stamping easy? I tried it for a while but it was hit or miss, loads of times the images didn't adhere properly on the nail.

The glitter is Lecente (formerly Irresistible Glitter) which you can get from Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

I bought Konad over a year ago and just couldn't get the hang of it. Over the last few weeks I've bought new stamping plates from MoYou London and their XL double ended stamper and I can finally stamp yay! If I over think it I get in a pickle and you do need to practice, but as you finish your mani to topcoat, if you make a mistake you can simply wipe off and do it again. .. and again... and again ;) xxx

The glitter is Lecente (formerly Irresistible Glitter) which you can get from Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

I bought Konad over a year ago and just couldn't get the hang of it. Over the last few weeks I've bought new stamping plates from MoYou London and their XL double ended stamper and I can finally stamp yay! If I over think it I get in a pickle and you do need to practice, but as you finish your mani to topcoat, if you make a mistake you can simply wipe off and do it again. .. and again... and again ;) xxx

Is this the stamper you have?
MoYou Stamp & Scraper

Yes that's the one :) x

Absolutely love this colour. Cuccio Colour Grecian Sea mixed with Megamix stamped with Silver Barry M

Attachments

• 1407169407483.jpg
    1407169407483.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 229
Lovely effect happyfeet! do you use mainly Barry M for stamping? do you finish nails completely including top coat (regular or gel cured and wiped) Then stamp then put a second top coat on? Also when do you add stones? what do you stick them with?

Thanks lovey.

I complete the Mani to topcoat, remove tacky layer then stamp. I then use nail adhesive to stick the rhinestones on then once polish is dry, which doesn't take long, I then top coat whole nail again cure.

I use Barry M silver and gold foil effects that I bought direct from Barry M website. I also have Stargazer pink and purple from the chrome collection that I got from EBay. And I have black and white Konad. The Barry M stamp so well though. XXX

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

awh brill thanks for getting back to me. Do you use a particular glue? I've tried in the past and the stones never last.

Latest posts

Back