Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Cuccio mini led lamp and it works fine for me :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

oh no, I was wanting to use it with nail polish mostly and only have an led lamp that I use with Gelish!

I've had no problems with it curing. Just watch your layer thicknesses and ratios xx

I still haven't bought this yet, those of you that have do you find you use it much? The other day I really could have done with it but that was the first time I have ever felt like that since it's been out. Xx

I use mine a lot now. I've just swapped polish/gel range. I only have 12 gel colors now, but am getting all or most of the colors in normal polish, and use mm to mix up to create a gel in every or any color.

Plus I have a load of pigments, glitters etc to mix with it.

Saves me A LOT of money, and still gives clients plenty of choice.

I also use it a lot just to create a glitter coat, often just for accent finger.

I am now using mm with my Cuccio base & top coats and its working and lasting very well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww thank you!! I'm assuming I could use it with my gelish foundation and TIO ? Xx

Aww thank you!! I'm assuming I could use it with my gelish foundation and TIO ? Xx

Yes you can honey.

If you do get the MM base and top, you will be amazed at the shine of the Amaze Glaze.

I offer Shellac, Cuccio Veneer and have around 45 polishes that can be mixed. I love Megamix, and push that more than my other two systems. I had feedback from a client regarding Megamix and Cuccio colour polish; she said it's the best set of nails she's ever had. She said they are tough, it doesn't feel like she has a set on (feel natural) and they're still super glossy 6 days on. She also said she'd put her nails through the ringer and there's no signs of wear and tear.

Using MM, as Profbeau has said, actual saves you money as you buy polish, which is indeed less expense than a bottle of gel polish. No it's not all down to money, but using MM and polish doesn't limit you to one gel polish line, gives you limitless colour options and the quality of the finish and durability makes it for me.

It also happily indulges my nail polish addiction ;)

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

;) :D

Attachments

• 1406365723319.jpg
    1406365723319.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 201
So would you tend to use the mm base and top with it? have you had any problem curing under an led lamp when mixing with polish? I offer Gelish but have loads of OPI and China Glaze etc polishes it would be great to offer these as a gel. Do you charge the same price as you charge for doing eg gelish?

So would you tend to use the mm base and top with it? have you had any problem curing under an led lamp when mixing with polish? I offer Gelish but have loads of OPI and China Glaze etc polishes it would be great to offer these as a gel. Do you charge the same price as you charge for doing eg gelish?

I used to use Shellac base and top but I like a more durable top coat, especially when working with acetone and I like to keep to one system. Not that that's an issue for MM. Also saves my Shellac top and base for Shellac iykwim. Also I can cure MM in LED where I can't with Shellac.

I've had no issues with LED, cures them perfectly and I use the mini led lamp from Cuccio.

Your polishes will work well. I use Cuccio Colour which are great as they are highly pigmented. They cover in two coats mostly too.

Yup I charge £25 for Shellac, Veneer and Megamix. As said in a previous post, I think charging less would give the wrong impression of MM, and it really shouldn't because this gel is da bomb! ;)

Aww thank you for the replies....I think I'm off to order some 😉 xx

thanks happyfeet for the quick reply, that's so helpful. I know what you mean about keeping the top coat for it's specific system and if the mm base and top are as good I'll def do it that way. I'll look into cuccio colours, haven't heard of them so thanks. Last question, what size, shape gel brushes do you find the best/easiest to use?

You're welcome honey :) There's a thread on her called Cuccio Lacquer, I've popped swatches on there, as have others too. However your OPI and China Glaze will work well too :)

I bought a brush in an empty bottle from Megamix themselves, I just fill the bottle with cleanse/isopropal alcohol that you use to remove gel tacky layer, and keep my brush in there. Some use a gel brush, but I like the MM brush :) xx

So here's my 'effort' at elleandish/janelle on You Tubes Mark Jacobs inspired daisy nails.

Oh the palava. Why I can't work a dotting tool is beyond me! Que lots of swearing and removing. Then I manage to drop a bottle of prep in my lap, which in turn soaks through my pjs, which in turn leaves me with blue and purple dye on my thighs! I ended up finishing off my nails in my bloody knickers!

Anyway... I used Megamix with Texas Rose three coats to get it opaque. I then used Verona Lace Cuccio Veneer gel polish for the effing daisies and dots and I used gold studs for the centre. I mixed Lecente gold glitter with MM for the ring finger.

Now I just need to do my other hand. It's actually a very simple straight forward mani... if your names not Happyfeet!

Attachments

• 1406657408016.jpg
    1406657408016.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 315
Bit clearer (please excuse my raggedy eponychium)

Attachments

• 1406657859665.jpg
    1406657859665.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 295
Happy feet I could of hearted these but wanted to say how beaut they are, so nice with the gold centre. And I also had to say how hilarious. ...do in nails in your pants!
Made me laugh 😆

Thanks honey :) tbh the more I look at them the more I don't like them haha.

Do you know, the funny thing is, when my husband and son came home from karate, I was showing them my nails in just my T-shirt and pants, and neither of them said a bloody word!!

Mm with yellow colour shack, glitters and moyou stamps.
Nice n bright for summer 😀

Attachments

• 20140730_103503.jpg
    20140730_103503.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 271
Here's Megamix with Cuccio Colour Brooklyn Never Sleeps and silver barry m zebra stamping. My first stamping client!

Attachments

• 1406758758177.jpg
    1406758758177.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 238
Here's Megamix with Cuccio Colour Brooklyn Never Sleeps and silver barry m zebra stamping. My first stamping client!

Very nice!x

Latest posts

Back