Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FREE. I would like to re-home my Megamix gel (pot) Amazin Base and Amaze Glaze.
These were bought from the official Megamiz site, and have only been used a couple of times, so lots of uses left.
There is nothing wrong with them, I just prefer CND products, and Brisa Lite Smoothing gel instead, and it's just taking up room. I would rather they go to an appreciative home.
UK interest only, due to postage. The first person to PM me their interest and, address, will get them. No need to give me your name, for security reasons I will address it to your Salon Geek user ID.

Sorry, these have gone. Congrats to Jodieeeanne, for her very quick response.

Last edited:
Sorry, these have gone. Congrats to Jodieeeanne, for her very quick response.

How very nice of you Pash, its lovely to see geeks helping other geeks out :D

Did these today using Cuccio Colour Singapore Sling and MM. Two coats only and can I just say, the MM topcoat is so shiny, her nails looked wet hours later! Love, love, love MM!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1406060005119.jpg
    1406060005119.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 225
Did this today with a mint green cheap polish and then layered a summer green mica powder
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406060214.694515.jpg

LOVE that you can sculpt with mega mix, what an amazing and versatile product. I used it to fix a nail that I chipped the corner off. Picture shows before with the chip, after I sculpted the MM on and after applying gelish over the top... amazing!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406062067.272757.jpg

Call me blonde lol but how do we sculpt with MM? I've gone back to when it was first mentioned on the thread but couldn't make heads nor tales of it.
Would one of you lovelies provide me with an point to point guide? :) x

Jenny that's fab. Did you use a paper form?

Also what do you use to mix the polishes on? Thanks

Last edited:
Jenny that's fab. Did you use a paper form?

Also what do you use to mix the polishes on? Thanks

Thanks, I'm pleased with the result... Will save loads of time with acrylic if it holds up.

I used a nail harmony form. Basically I prepped as normal, fitted my form, put gelish foundation (base coat) on bringing it slightly above the nail and onto the form, cured then dry brushed then added MM. I just brushed it on like I normally would but again brought over onto the form to shape the nail. I did three coats (curing each one) then removed the form and shaped the nail with a 180 grit file and applied gelish on top as normal.

I usually mix glitter, pigments or polish in a dappen dish with the MM but have seen people use those glass tiles which also look good! Xx

My shexy lime green nails done with mega mix and pigment love the glitter too had these done ready for my birthday on Saturday :)

Attachments

• 1406066490326.jpg
    1406066490326.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 200
That's fab that's very much. Well done :)

hey, i cracked my mm nails last night (just on the corner of the tip on my thumb where the product must have been thinner. ((my toddler woke up while doing the thumbs orginally so they got rushed)) so i jut repaired the crack with a layer of amaze glaze.. i cured in my new duo lamp and i had a heat spike? does anyone know why? when i did the original mm nails i used a uv lamp and there wa no heat spike :/ does led cause heat spikes?

hey, i cracked my mm nails last night (just on the corner of the tip on my thumb where the product must have been thinner. ((my toddler woke up while doing the thumbs orginally so they got rushed)) so i jut repaired the crack with a layer of amaze glaze.. i cured in my new duo lamp and i had a heat spike? does anyone know why? when i did the original mm nails i used a uv lamp and there wa no heat spike :/ does led cause heat spikes?

It does cure quicker so there is a higher risk of heat spikes I believe as the product is curing and adhering at a quicker rate. Xx

Neon Pink pigment and mm with stamping

Attachments

• 1406214609419.jpg
    1406214609419.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 1406214623171.jpg
    1406214623171.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 177
Cuccio Make A wish in Rome and MM

Attachments

• 1406214752551.jpg
    1406214752551.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 181
Can you use megamix with an led lamp? I've read that some have found it doesn't cure with led??

Can you use megamix with an led lamp? I've read that some have found it doesn't cure with led??

I use mine with a small LED lamp (45 second cure) and it's fine :)

With regard to timings, I would go with your lamp recommended curing time. I know the bottle says 30 seconds, but go with whatever time your LED lamp cures gel polish in :) xx

I've found that mm mixed with polish doesn't cure in led so I tend to use UV for this x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

oh no, I was wanting to use it with nail polish mostly and only have an led lamp that I use with Gelish!

oh no, I was wanting to use it with nail polish mostly and only have an led lamp that I use with Gelish!

This is just my experience. Worth trying and see how you get on. I think other geeks have had success. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back