Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you using it in this way to add strength to you gel coat, i.e using structure gel with Gelish? why did you use the base and top coat and not just your regular base and top and just put the mm over the colour? sorry for all the questions, I also thought it was mainly for mixing and i'm confused with the need for the MM base and top if using Gelish? xx

I used the mm base and top coat as wanted to see if the finish was stronger than just using my just gel base and top and also with me putting the mm ontop of base it made sense to use the side by side product.
Regardless if I was using my just gel base and top I think it's better to pair the systems together although not tried the just gel base and top with the mm alone. So yes it's to add more strength an I can say that it has.
I could have put the mm over the polish but I decided to sandwich it so mm base and mm, then gel polish and then finish with mm base ;) x

I used the mm base and top coat as wanted to see if the finish was stronger than just using my just gel base and top and also with me putting the mm ontop of base it made sense to use the side by side product.
Regardless if I was using my just gel base and top I think it's better to pair the systems together although not tried the just gel base and top with the mm alone. So yes it's to add more strength an I can say that it has.
I could have put the mm over the polaih but I decided to sandwich it so mm base and mm, then gel polaih and then finish with mm base ;) x

Thank you xx

Okay so today I went to use my megamix amaze glaze top coat and I could not get the lid off.. I put a bit of oomph into it and the white cover came off but brush did not come with it! I then realised that the whole lot has set in the bottle and the brush is stuck in there... what! I did leave it on my desk, not in direct sunlight but there is natural light in my nail room.. so just a warning ladies keep your bottles away from the light as I'm not sure if the packaging is 100% keeping the light out.... lesson learn't for me. fortunately it's a cheap lesson and i'm off to buy some more! :lol:

Little whiskers

Thank you for your response and i totally hear what you are saying, my sisters nails
Are an extreme case and I wouldn't expect you to do this on clients on a regular
Basis just wanted to demonstrate that it is possible

Calgel is a great product and if your getting great results with it why change

But. Before you totally write off Megamix try it with glitter, this maintains the structural
Integrity of the gel and can be sooooo much fun and way cheaper than your
Calgel as a full glitter finish or to add a glitter finish over colour , for glitter toes for summer

Etc and especially at the end of the year for party season.

Thank you for trying to make it work and I have come to discover with experience you can't
Make everyone happy all of the time, at best I try to make most people happy
Most of the time. But I don't think you are unhappy just find your way is better

Go with what you know and keep me in reserve for that odd occasion someone
Wants a perfect permanent polish match. :)

Just one last thing before I go get LED its worth every penny and once you
Have used it you will wonder how you ever survived without it :) :) :)

Martin I can't thank you enough for your help and support you have been fab. I really wish my clients nails were a little stronger because I wanted this to work soooo much!!! We are not writing it off at all I fact we will still be using it for glitters and we will be using it for toes also!!!
Thanks again...
Oh and thanks for the advice on the LED lamp I will be purchasing soon!!!
Vickie

I received my megamix today and couldn't wait to give it a try.
So I removed one of my shellac'd nails to give it a try.
I used an OPI Glitter polish, I thought in for a penny in for a pound!
I opened my package and to my horror the bottle lid on my megamix was broken nooooooo!
Luckily I did get a sample pot of the Megamix ( thank you Martin ) so I could still try it out!
It's fantastic so far, lovely smooth application, shiny and easy to use.
I sent the picture to Martin with my abused bottle ( from the post as it was wrapped so well )
And a phonecall from Martin ( my hero to the rescue ) new megamix on it's way woo Hoo!
I am hooked!
Thank you Martin!
Fantastic customer care!
Xx

I received my megamix today and couldn't wait to give it a try.
So I removed one of my shellac'd nails to give it a try.
I used an OPI Glitter polish, I thought in for a penny in for a pound!
I opened my package and to my horror the bottle lid on my megamix was broken nooooooo!
Luckily I did get a sample pot of the Megamix ( thank you Martin ) so I could still try it out!
It's fantastic so far, lovely smooth application, shiny and easy to use.
I sent the picture to Martin with my abused bottle ( from the post as it was wrapped so well )
And a phonecall from Martin ( my hero to the rescue ) new megamix on it's way woo Hoo!
I am hooked!
Thank you Martin!
Fantastic customer care!
Xx

Now what other company offers the care, advise and aftercare that Martin does?? I don't know of any other company big or small do you??

Martin has been a breath of fresh air on here :) not forcing his products down peoples throats or saying You have to use this, you have to use that. Laid back and I'm loving it lol. Ordered my megamix pot BTW :)

Completely agree! He was a star.
Here are my pics ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393705810.263645.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393705821.132555.jpg

Just ordered today and looking forward to having a play!

I'm actually going to Alan Howard vat free tomorrow to buy some new OPI colours for my Megamix. I've now got the base and glaze and they're amazing. The glaze is really shiny. I'm so happy with this product.

My Megamix nails have now been on for a week and they are still perfect. Very impressed.

So is this product better to use with the full system as a stand alone treatment for creating custom colours rather than mixing with gelish? Also which is best to get, the pot or bottle? I'm confused by why there are two different ones? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

So is this product better to use with the full system as a stand alone treatment for creating custom colours rather than mixing with gelish? Also which is best to get, the pot or bottle? I'm confused by why there are two different ones? X

There's a pot and bottle so that people can choose what they would prefer to use. I use pot because I can judge by scoops how much I'm using (not that it matters too much).

It can be used either way, it doesn't matter, but for the price.... I ordered and use base, mm, and glaze :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm actually going to Alan Howard vat free tomorrow to buy some new OPI colours for my Megamix. I've now got the base and glaze and they're amazing. The glaze is really shiny. I'm so happy with this product.

It's VAT free at alan howard's tomorrow coolio must see what I need

you can use it by itself or as a full system and there are 2 diff ones some people find a pot easier to use if your mixing and others prefer the bottle as they're used to using bottles so the choice is yours

Thank you x

I'm ashamed to say I only used my mm yesterday :o
I need to have "natural" nails for college, eg no Polish, shellac or enhancements, but being an ex nail biter my nails are not in the best condition and break and split easily, so I have already done 2 applications of ibx but without a little extra strength I was still losing bits of free edge, I'm really rough on my nails !
I used cnd shellac base a thin coat of mm, shellac Purley pink and cnd shellac top coat and lightly buffed off the shine. ......ta daaaaa most excellent result, I will update with the result of whether I passed the no coatings on nail test tomorrow :D
Anna

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I just ask why you used mm with your shellac, was it for strength? I use structure gel with gelish with amazing results, so I'm guessing for me this product would just be used for mixing?

To those that use it for mixing only, have you found it works just as well with gelish /shellac base and top or better with full system?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get it straight in my mind before buying it xx

Can I just ask why you used mm with your shellac, was it for strength? I use structure gel with gelish with amazing results, so I'm guessing for me this product would just be used for mixing?

To those that use it for mixing only, have you found it works just as well with gelish /shellac base and top or better with full system?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get it straight in my mind before buying it xx

For the price you may aswell buy all 3 ;) also, i've found it's stronger than structure gel xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back