Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a picture? I'm doing this Wednesday :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I forgot to get one trust me it turned out fab and you could see all the colours I was worried it might just end up looking grey but it didn't think the secret is to add a bit mix and see and then add a bit more if needed think if u add too much that's when it will just go like a sludge colour

Tried foil (without adhesive) tonight on top of my holo silver.... it doesn't adhere as inhibition layer is too wet.

So note to everyone - inhibition layer is too wet for foil, you need to use foil adhesive or an alternative surface just before your foil ;)

Everything else I've tried so far with MM has worked fab though xxx I Love how versatile it is :) just wish I had actually read what the recommendations were re. Foil rather than me wasting an hour of my time insisting that it WILL stick haha. My bad for not reading lol xxx

Last edited:
Can I make a bespoke colour by mixing for example some uv/led gel like gelish or a hybrid like Shellac, with some regular polish AND the mega mix?

The inhibition layer is too wet for the foil to adhere to. You need to either use semi dry nail polish or Foil adhesive ( which is like a very watered down pva glue ) wait till it turns completely clear and then press into the tack layer.
Sorry if you thought it would press into the cured gel :( but I have not suggest anywhere that this is possible .)

I tried and failed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

However you can use Amaze Glaze to seal it in :)

Martin

Thanks so much for the reply Martin.

No you're right, you haven't suggested anywhere that it would work ;) It was me just being presumptuous lol. I saw foil on the website (clearly didn't read that it said use with glue) and thought oooh yes I'll use my foil (thinking it would stick to inhibition layer like other gels) haha and it didn't work and I ended up with a bit of a mess. Haha

Btw it wasn't a negative comment about MM. I loooove MM, I just know now I need to use my adhesive for foils, or I can apply a coat of clear Gelish on top of my MM before applying foils ;) xxx You live and learn!
I'm actually glad that it's that you can't apply foil to MM and it wasn't me just being a div lol xxx

I have said you can mix it with anything ( and you can ) so give it a try but in order to achieve what you are suggesting I personally would apply shellac and cure or gelish and cure then mix my megamix with my polish and apply over and cure.

The polish will mix with the megamix and the shellac will mix with the megamix, ( i'm confident in that)

What i am not so confident in is the polish mixing with the shellac ( we may get scrambled ( egg ) nails in that case !!!!!

It may be more of an advanced mix ( and dependent on your skills and abilities you may be able to make it work)

just be carefully of your ratio to ensure there is enough gel in the mix to make a good cure

keep me posted :)
The concept is total bespoke polish ( your right there)

The inhibition layer is too wet for the foil to adhere to. You need to either use semi dry nail polish or Foil adhesive ( which is like a very watered down pva glue ) wait till it turns completely clear and then press into the tack layer.
Sorry if you thought it would press into the cured gel :( but I have not suggest anywhere that this is possible .)

I tried and failed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

However you can use Amaze Glaze to seal it in :)

Martin

This is mega mix with the new neon irresistible pigments, I actually found it easier applying it with mm then I did into the tacky layer of shellac top coat and the effect is the Same IMO x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394713970.231655.jpg

This is mega mix with the new neon irresistible pigments, I actually found it easier applying it with mm then I did into the tacky layer of shellac top coat and the effect is the Same IMO xView attachment 58923

Thank you I was hoping someone would do this :). Looks great, how many coats did you apply?

Has anyone removed this yet? If so how did you find removal?

This is mega mix with the new neon irresistible pigments, I actually found it easier applying it with mm then I did into the tacky layer of shellac top coat and the effect is the Same IMO xView attachment 58923

These look fabulous! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A few more with CND additives top violet pearl, burning ember, silver frost, bottom line midnight tide, raspberry sizzle, sizzling sand, plum love and young nails city limit.x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394719895.525732.jpg

Last edited:
After reading this ENTIRE thread! Wow! Iv just ordered a pot of megamix and the first lot of fine glitters :) hope it gets here soon!!!!! Iv got a rather large collection of OPI that's been abandoned in the wake of gel polish! Can't wait to get them out again :)

Has any one used this with IBD's just gel top and base??? x

You couldn't tell me what additives you've used for each one could you please?
x

I've added them to the original post x

Has anyone removed this yet? If so how did you find removal?

I removed it today filed top coat wrapped with d solve and cnd wraps just flaked off!! I'm really loving it used amazing base and amazing glaze along with megamix xx

I have this lady whom nothing and I mean NOTHING! Last on.

She has recently undergone treatment for cancer and won a competition I was running to receive a free mm mani,
She was a fab client and basically said I like blue do what ever.

I explained this is a new bespoke gel and she may require IBX underneath and if it chipped or anything that's what I will do next time.

Well here they are, a week later they have not budged!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394726959.217523.jpg

A few more with CND additives top violet pearl, burning ember, silver frost, bottom line midnight tide, raspberry sizzle, sizzling sand, plum love and young nails city limit.x
View attachment 58926

Is the pink one plum love, is it over something else?

Hi everyone,
I don't have a spare Gelish brush or anything at the moment but tried using MM today with a polish and a gel brush I bought from Sally's but it was a disaster. The brush just didn't work, but I can see how amazing MM is even though I didn't get the finished result.

My question is what brush do you use if not a spare one you had?

Martin, are you going to retail brushes?

Thanks x

Hi Natlaw

Do you use megamix polish or pot ? I am thinking about investing to use with the additives 😄

Latest posts

Back