Men's nails -flakey and brittle...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
My poor old Dad's nails have all of a sudden become flakey and brittle. He showed me them tonight and they look awful, like he's been biting them (which he hasn't). They are literally flaking off at the free edge. He has very short nails anyway but they always looked neat.

I have massaged some Solar Oil into them, and will give him a "man" manicure tomorrow.

He was asking me why this has happened. Now, I do nearly all of my older female clients have flakey nails, which is usually down to age/hormones/menopause/medication etc. Could it be the same for men??? He is 62 and has not started any new medication for 18 months?

He's really embarrassed of them, bless him!:hug:

My poor old Dad's nails have all of a sudden become flakey and brittle. He showed me them tonight and they look awful, like he's been biting them (which he hasn't). They are literally flaking off at the free edge. He has very short nails anyway but they always looked neat.

I have massaged some Solar Oil into them, and will give him a "man" manicure tomorrow.

He was asking me why this has happened. Now, I do nearly all of my older female clients have flakey nails, which is usually down to age/hormones/menopause/medication etc. Could it be the same for men??? He is 62 and has not started any new medication for 18 months?

He's really embarrassed of them, bless him!:hug:

I think it was just a couple of days ago I was reading a quote from Geeg, it went something like this:
If our eyes are the windows to our soles, our nails are the windows to our health.
Has he been poorly lately? Is there a chance that ill health could be affecting his nails?

Hope they get better soon xx

It turns out it is bad health, he has had a small growth on his face for a long time, I managed to finally persuade him to have it checked out, turns out it is a rodent cyst, otherwise known as basall cell cancer!!!!! Hes is going to be ok, as it is a type of cancer that when removed usually does not re-occur and it does not spread to other parts of the body.
I am upset and shocked, but relieved it's not too serious.
I will be interested to see if when he recovers his nails will return to normal?

It turns out it is bad health, he has had a small growth on his face for a long time, I managed to finally persuade him to have it checked out, turns out it is a rodent cyst, otherwise known as basall cell cancer!!!!! Hes is going to be ok, as it is a type of cancer that when removed usually does not re-occur and it does not spread to other parts of the body.
I am upset and shocked, but relieved it's not too serious.
I will be interested to see if when he recovers his nails will return to normal?

Aww I'm sorry to hear that he is not well, I hope he gets better really quickly, and that his nails return to normal.

Do let me know how it goes and if this was the cause for his poorly nails.

xx

Latest posts

Back