I came very close to assaulting a client today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Never in my life have I been so incensed. Please tell me if you would feel the same in my shoes...

A "gentleman" rang me yesterday asking for a single nail enhancement to try and resolve a problem he has with a splitting nail. I was at home when I took the call and as I was chatting with him and booking him in my daughter was chattering away in the background. The client asked "oh have you got a little one there?" so I replied "sorry yes that's just my daughter" then immediately changed the subject and got back onto the subject of his nail booking.

Anyway, this chap came in to the salon today. He began by making a couple of comments I wasnt comfortable with (e.g I bet the reason you agreed to do my nail is so you have the opportunity to sit holding my hand) but I laughed it off because I thought perhaps he's just trying to be friendly and its not coming across well. Some of the comments he made I would describe as lewd but again I thought perhaps he's just trying too hard to be friendly so I brushed it off.

So, I was sat doing his nail and he says "so you have a little girl then?" and I said "yes, although she's not so little really, she's 16", to which he replied "ooooh you can introduce her to me then, that's the age I like them at" :eek::eek::eek::evil: . I literally put my tools down and gave him a frosty stare and he tried to laugh it off and said "ooh I suppose you cant say that in this day and age" but I failed to see the funny side.

Maybe I am over-reacting. Me and my girl have been through some rough times together when she was little so I am perhaps more protective of her than your average parent, but I was absolutely enraged that this man was sat there making lewd comments about my girl and laughing about it. I'm still angry with myself for not asking him to leave the salon there and then, but the instinct to be nice to the customer was foremost in my mind so I just smiled (or rather grimaced!) at him and got on with the service as quick as I could because I just wanted this man out of my salon. Seriously I am not a violent person by any means but the urge to jump over the nail desk and give this excuse for a man a slap round the ear was unbearable!!

Honestly, is it just me? Would you feel the same? She's my girl and it's my job to look after her and protect her from old men who like 16 year old girls. She's been through a hell of a lot in her younger years and has seen and experienced things that no child should ever have to see (my ex was abusive and violent). We have a good life now and she's really turning into a wonderful young woman, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some middle aged perv sit in my salon and letch over my girl and laugh as he does it.

Never in my life have I been so incensed. Please tell me if you would feel the same in my shoes...

A "gentleman" rang me yesterday asking for a single nail enhancement to try and resolve a problem he has with a splitting nail. I was at home when I took the call and as I was chatting with him and booking him in my daughter was chattering away in the background. The client asked "oh have you got a little one there?" so I replied "sorry yes that's just my daughter" then immediately changed the subject and got back onto the subject of his nail booking.

Anyway, this chap came in to the salon today. He began by making a couple of comments I wasnt comfortable with (e.g I bet the reason you agreed to do my nail is so you have the opportunity to sit holding my hand) but I laughed it off because I thought perhaps he's just trying to be friendly and its not coming across well. Some of the comments he made I would describe as lewd but again I thought perhaps he's just trying too hard to be friendly so I brushed it off.

So, I was sat doing his nail and he says "so you have a little girl then?" and I said "yes, although she's not so little really, she's 16", to which he replied "ooooh you can introduce her to me then, that's the age I like them at" :eek::eek::eek::evil: . I literally put my tools down and gave him a frosty stare and he tried to laugh it off and said "ooh I suppose you cant say that in this day and age" but I failed to see the funny side.

Maybe I am over-reacting. Me and my girl have been through some rough times together when she was little so I am perhaps more protective of her than your average parent, but I was absolutely enraged that this man was sat there making lewd comments about my girl and laughing about it. I'm still angry with myself for not asking him to leave the salon there and then, but the instinct to be nice to the customer was foremost in my mind so I just smiled (or rather grimaced!) at him and got on with the service as quick as I could because I just wanted this man out of my salon. Seriously I am not a violent person by any means but the urge to jump over the nail desk and give this excuse for a man a slap round the ear was unbearable!!

Honestly, is it just me? Would you feel the same? She's my girl and it's my job to look after her and protect her from old men who like 16 year old girls. She's been through a hell of a lot in her younger years and has seen and experienced things that no child should ever have to see (my ex was abusive and violent). We have a good life now and she's really turning into a wonderful young woman, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some middle aged perv sit in my salon and letch over my girl and laugh as he does it.

You poor thing. :hug:First of all please don't get yourself upset over it as you sounded like you were caught off guard.
It's not just you as I would feel the same. I also have a daughter. I would have wanted to punch him in the face and I'm not a violent person by all means. The dirty ............. can't type what I really would like to say about scum like that I'm afraid.
You and your daughter sound really close and you sound like a great mum.
At least next time you'll be on your guard if anything like that should happen again. Bar him from your salon.

It's not you. It's inappropriate, offensive and just plain rude. You don't need to put up with people like that, Irrespective of what you and your daughter have been through. I'd have downed tools and told him to leave. X

I can't believe someone would actually say that...
I would have asked him to leave and then called the cops so they can make a note of it. In fact, do that so it's on his record, you never know... What a creep! I hope you're ok now x

Awww that's awful. I'd happen been tempted to get a little to keen with the cuticle pusher ;)

Well done for keeping your cool; I would have asked him to leave straight away.
I would be tempted to call the non emergency number for the police and report it. I couldn't have it on my conscience that I'd done nothing and then find out that he's actually assaulted a child.
The number is 101.

And in what day and age would this have been ok?
If it is a purely innocent remark due to nerves ect it still in very poor taste considering there is a little girl out there missing.
Well done for keeping it together and not smacking the snot out of him

Vicki x

I would have left him with a cuticle nipper sticking out his hand!

Well done for keeping your cool; I would have asked him to leave straight away.
I would be tempted to call the non emergency number for the police and report it. I couldn't have it on my conscience that I'd done nothing and then find out that he's actually assaulted a child.
The number is 101.

I agree, that was no innocent remark he was testing the waters, and I would report this this to the police, hopefully he gave you his correct details for your record card for you to pass on.
If not, then that definitely would prove he was up to no good.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I agree with you all, I should have asked him to leave there and then, I'm still annoyed with myself that I didnt. I charged him £3 for a single shellac nail and when he gave me the money he said "you go and buy yourself a box of chocolates darling", eugh. He was really letchy.

As he was leaving he said he will ring me to re-book. If and when this occurs I will be informing him that he isnt welcome at the salon due to his remarks about my daughter.

Oh my god. I don't even know if I could have contiued with the service! Deffs don't let the pervert back in.

What an awful experience for you, makes my skin crawl!!! I would have told him to leave immediately. Sending hugs xx

I can't believe he said that. I would have been so angry!!

i cant believe someone would actually say that!!! i would have been mortified, good for you for keeping your cool but as said i would report it xx

OMG hun, I cant believe he said that & behaved that way. Thats soooo creepy. I would have felt exactly the same. I would have asked him to leave.
It may be worth a call to the police just to have it on record.
Speak soon xx

That's shocking!i would defiantly not have him back in your house and let the police make a note of it just encase x

OMG hun, I cant believe he said that & behaved that way. Thats soooo creepy. I would have felt exactly the same. I would have asked him to leave.
It may be worth a call to the police just to have it on record.
Speak soon xx

I would have said "well perhaps it's best you go on the phaedophile (sp) register just in case, and furthermore, I think it's best you leave my house". But you're caught off guard, all good and well in hindsight. Unfortunately 16 is legal so not much the police will do about it. What a creep! :irked:

I'm surprised you didn't stab him with a tool! Xxx

I would have said "well perhaps it's best you go on the phaedophile (sp) register just in case, and furthermore, I think it's best you leave my house". But you're caught off guard, all good and well in hindsight. Unfortunately 16 is legal so not much the police will do about it. What a creep! :irked:

I'm surprised you didn't stab him with a tool! Xxx

haha yes he's very lucky he's not at this moment in Bradford royal infirmary having a pair of manicure scissors surgically removed from his nether regions!

Give the police a call on 101 to report this, pass on all the details, name phone number etc, you have for him, even his story about wanting to have one nail tip put on sounds suspicious, creepy man , at least then the police have a report of this should he commit any kind of offence in the future which quite honestly doesn't bare thinking about. Hope your feeling ok now too it must of been awful to hear him saying things like that.

If that was me I would have punched him square in the nose.

I'm not violent just feisty I will protect my children any way possible

That's why I treat women only I can't afford to get in trouble with the law lol

Latest posts

Back