Please can someone help me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
Please can someone help....

I have been doing gelish and enhancements for 18months so class myself as fairly new and need help...

I have just been to a client and her lovely dad asked if i can help him, which i couldnt....

I will attach pics of his nails, this was only on his left hand and his skin was very dry and peeling in patches. His other hand and nails were in a perfect condition. He has been to the doctor who tested for a fungal nail infection a year ago and it was negative.

He is an interior designer and gets very embarrassed in front of clients. He has tried every lotion and potion that he has had suggested to him and nothing is working. Over the year it has got worse as it began with his thumb and slowly moved to the next nails. He did mention that he uses that hand to hold timber when cutting but other than that nothing else is isolated to that hand.

Please someone help me help him cuz bless his heart he is at breaking point xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 480
And his thumb x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372963533.231908.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372963533.231908.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 394
Wow thats bad, poor guy. It's like the nail is dying. I have no idea.

I hope you get an answer soon x

Thank you....I just hope we can get some sort of an answer...he was so upset by it, I feel so awful I couldn't help xx

He really needs to persevere with the medical route to get an accurate diagnosis. No nail technician can diagnose this. It could be something like psoriasis but he must get a dr/dermatologist/chiropodist to say exactly what it is. Depending on that you may be able,to give him some clever enhancements so he is less embarrassed

As a nurse practitioner I would suggest this could be indicative of an underlying medical problem that he should get checked out. A full set of bloods, an Mc&s on fingernail clippings. If nothing shows he should request a dermatology referral....they love this sort of thing
Hope this helps

Thank you so much...I had spoke to his daughter and said to go back to the doctors as he felt he was slightly 'fobbed off' so she is going to be more insistent for a route to an answer.

That makes me feel better i would have felt awful if it was something obvious that I should have known xx

I agree he has to seek further medical attention because it could be anything. It could even be that he has contact dermatitis from being in contact with wood resin, but until they can run more tests he'll not get to the bottom of this..

Hey, you should go to Doug Schoon's facebook page and post these pics on there and ask him. He is amazingly knowledgeable and may be able to help. He is also very quick to reply. I agree that he needs to go to a doctor though! https://www.facebook.com/doug.schoon?fref=ts

Hey, you should go to Doug Schoon's facebook page and post these pics on there and ask him. He is amazingly knowledgeable and may be able to help. He is also very quick to reply. I agree that he needs to go to a doctor though! https://www.facebook.com/doug.schoon?fref=ts

Doug is not a medical doctor. He is a scientist and he will not diagnose.

This guy's GP was wrong (no surprise there) .. he needs to get it checked again probably by an expert podiatrist.

Latest posts

Back