Mereena's Solo Singing Performance-on vid!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Yes indeedy, this momma is PROUD with a capital P.

She had me in tears, I was sooooooo very proud of her. They even asked her to do an ENCORE. So yes, there are 2 vids.

Now, the kicker is this. Mereena NEVER EVER sings the same song the 'same way' twice. She 'plays' with them. She does't change the words.. but the rythm a bit.. you'll have to listen to both to catch on.
AND the beginning of the 2nd vid, will crack you up.
The teacher had just asked the audience if they'd like to hear her again. Everyone chorused out loud yes, clapping. So she no sooner asked Mereena to sing again, and Mereena turned to the 3-man band and gave instrux
LOL HAHAHAHA you'll have to watch the vid to find out what they were.
:D (I also like the 2nd version better, maybe she was over her stage fright, who knows LOL)

Her First Performance: YouTube - Mereena sings Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Her Encore: YouTube - Mereena singing 'Encore" Santa Claus Is coming to town

Ok, there were a few moments I could have lived without.:o
.................... the nose picking......... and then going at it with TWO fingers.. I could have lived without that. Of all the times to do it, she does it on stage in front of 80 people?:grr::o when I can't haul her off to the bathroom and make her use a kleenex. That was just plain NASTY and I was MORTIFIED. Everyone around me was peeing themselves laughing more at my reaction then at her.
BUT at least she wasn't the only disgusting evil culprit. There were three others HAHAHAHA

But.... she had the audience's attention the WHOLE night, that's for sure. :D
The louder and chattier one of the group... she was quite a hoot.
One of her playmates was singing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"... forgot most the words, and she chimes out LOUD AND CLEAR "Patrick SING - you KNOW the words" The audience was in stitches.
Or when she told off the teacher, saying "that's not my Santa Hat, it doesn't fit, and my momma said not to wear other people's hats or I'll get bugs":rolleyes: :o (again...... really nice and loud.. audience was pissing themselves)

Or, "Momma, are you proud of me? Did I do good?" etc etc.. the list goes on... she pretty much stole the show (not that I'm surprised, she's got her own mind and a good set of lungs lol)

What DID surprise me was 3 people asked me if she had been to a vocal coach and one of them was a vocal coach:eek: Everyone thought she did FABULOUS, particularly for her age.

Ok, Momma's of course very proud. And most mom's think their kids are great.
Honest opinions everyone... it's ok to tell me she's cute.. but don't tell me she sounds great if she doesnt as I'm now toying with the idea of vocal lessons for her since she loves singing so much. And I'm BROKE.... but I'll do anything for my girl.

So.... you tell me. Should I bother?
I WANT to know!!! IN HONEST OPINIONS.

THANKS!!

I thought that was adorable- and as for the nose picking- my Bryce did that to me last year. Went at it for nearly the entire 10 minutes he was on stage. My husband and I were dying, and Bryce was completely unaware of anything except the excavation he was performing - *sigh*

At least I have it on video for blackmail later MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

Aw I so miss all the school concerts now my girls are grown up so it was lovely to see Mereena on stage. had to laugh at the two at the back fighting over the chair in the encore! She does have a good voice though, but watch out to get a good teacher cos if you get a bad one they can knacker a voice!

How cute!!
Her voice is very strong for a small child. See if you can get another vid of her singing without background noise and send it to some child talent agencies. She could be the next Shirley Temple.:D

ahh bless her cotton tights! lol

she sings like a good un! i think its great getting kids on cam doing the concerts..the things they do are brill.

well done to her .

i can see why your a proud mummy xx

victoria xx how cute, she did really well bless her xx

aw how sweet is she !! she was brilliant did you cry a bit ? i do when james does stuff at school i always fill up , they just look so cute :Love:

aw bless so sweet, she's got a good set of lungs on her as well.

Thanks!

Yes, I was crying LOL Not too much. I mean... I was up front, dead center with the two tripods getting the concert on film BUT NOT THE NOSE PICKING haha as I was zooming in and out as appropriate and at the time she was "excavating" (nicely put by the way haha), I was zoomed in on a father and son performance... so no blackmail later.. I was 'tempted' BUT as we'll be retailing copies to the parents to raise funds for the preschool... I didn't think anyone else would want to see that. I think we all saw enough. HAHA

I think I know who to ask.... My mom is a member of the church that the preschool rents space from. One of the members of the '3-man' band is a lady who's a member of the church. She and her sister have both had professional training. She was the one that asked if Mereena had already had training.. and I said no and she replied "oohhh she's a natural talent"... but you know how it is. We moms sometimes think someone's just being nice.. know what I mean? Also, my old school principal is a member as well... and he's from a vocal family too. I'll have my mum ask around.

Yup, maybe later today I'll get her to sing for me, all alone.. no background music.. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again. I am so proud I could just burst. :D

Ah - lovely! :biggrin:

Does she do autographs?

Not yet LOL (they're kind of crooked haha) but her "Poppa" (grandfather) got her roses, and I'm gonna press one for her.
:wink2:

Ah thats just fab!

Cant wait till i have babies - i LOVE going to things like that! You must be so proud!

She did so well! xxx

Latest posts

Back