Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! I did them over one coat of Gelish Sheek White but I've also done them over 2 coats of Shellac Studio White. I think if clients have a nice, even nail plate, one coat is enough. They lasted 2 full weeks, which is a miracle for me! No bubbling or cracking. I've also done the pink powder over the new pink Candyland Gelish, and this gave a gorgeous pink shimmery colour (pic) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334565123.690763.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334565123.690763.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,077
When you used this did it get into your topcoat Wendy?I'm thinking of doing mine today but don't really wanna mess up my topcoat bottle as I've got clients later on.Xx

When you used this did it get into your topcoat Wendy?I'm thinking of doing mine today but don't really wanna mess up my topcoat bottle as I've got clients later on.Xx

No it was fine. As long as you brush off the excess you'll have no problem. Xx

NYX make-up brand has a lot of Mica powders as well, I got a good bunch off CherryCulture website last week. They're fantastic!

I started calling them "Mineral Rockstars" but is that really appropriate? Lol I love the sound of it. Maybe Mica Rockstars, or just Mineral nails or Mica nails... Hmm...

These are mine! Had to do them a couple of times as when I wiped over after top coat some colour came off! :-( don't think I pressed them in well enough!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334680254.832644.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334680254.832644.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,054
I did my first set of mica nails last night and my client loved them!! This picture has gained me 7 new likes on my Facebook page after I tagged my client in the photo!!

I think the powders look so pretty and ethereal.

Thank you for introducing me to mica powders!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334680328.179775.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334680328.179775.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,219
These are mine! Had to do them a couple of times as when I wiped over after top coat some colour came off! :-( don't think I pressed them in well enough!

Was it just around the edge or bottom? This happened to me too, and I think it was because the powder was stuck around the eponicium and when the top coat went on, it didn't seal around the edge as well, so when I wiped the sticky off some of the powder not covered in top coat came off too. It wouldn't be as noticeable if you have a similar colour coat underneath, but not great if it's white! Anyway, these look fab! Xx

Mine today. My clients are loving the mica powders :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334689866.260631.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334689866.260631.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 976
Just looked to order some....I have no idea which ones to get to start me off...too much choice..any suggestions geekies? :) xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Just looked to order some....I have no idea which ones to get to start me off...too much choice..any suggestions geekies? :) xx

These were the ones I bought. Really quick delivery too. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334691437.559815.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334691437.559815.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 983
Was it just around the edge or bottom? This happened to me too, and I think it was because the powder was stuck around the eponicium and when the top coat went on, it didn't seal around the edge as well, so when I wiped the sticky off some of the powder not covered in top coat came off too. It wouldn't be as noticeable if you have a similar colour coat underneath, but not great if it's white! Anyway, these look fab! Xx
Thankyou! Yeah it was round the bottom and just a little bit on the side Walls.can I ask what you used to press it in with please?I used it with shellac so I swiped the free edge did you also press the powder in along there too?Xx ( I did use White so probably why it stood out)

Thankyou! Yeah it was round the bottom and just a little bit on the side Walls.can I ask what you used to press it in with please?I used it with shellac so I swiped the free edge did you also press the powder in along there too?Xx ( I did use White so probably why it stood out)

I used a soft make up brush the first time and the second time a more firm brush (to make sure I scrapped it all out of the side walls and eponicium.) I didn't press it into the free edge to be honest - think it would have been too difficult! Xx

These were the ones I bought. Really quick delivery too. Xx

I looked at these ones too...colours looks lovely...thank you for that,just needed someone to give me a shove it the right direction...so excited now!!!!! :) xx

I used a soft make up brush the first time and the second time a more firm brush (to make sure I scrapped it all out of the side walls and eponicium.) I didn't press it into the free edge to be honest - think it would have been too difficult! Xx
I'll see how they wear and make sure I brush off any excess properly next time. Thankyou.Xx

These are lovely! x

I used a nail art fan brush and took off all the excess. Once I wiped with Dsperse it seemed to work fine. I didn't need to press them down.

Thought I'd have a wee play with mine. Tried Konad with Barry M metallic silver. xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334731138.312361.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334731138.312361.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 959
Your nails look stunning, all of yours!

I just want to ask...
Base, cure, shellac colour (pale), cure, powder, wipe with brush, topcoat, cure.

If you wipe with a brush won't the powder drag?

Your nails look stunning, all of yours!

I just want to ask...
Base, cure, shellac colour (pale), cure, powder, wipe with brush, topcoat, cure.

If you wipe with a brush won't the powder drag?

Xxxx

I thought that it would but I found that the powder really sticks fast to the inhibition layer. I've tried a few sets where I scrub the powder in then brush to make sure it's smooth but it gives the exact same effect as dusting on and then brushing away any excess, which is quicker.

Xx

Latest posts

Back