Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your nails look stunning, all of yours!

I just want to ask...
Base, cure, shellac colour (pale), cure, powder, wipe with brush, topcoat, cure.

If you wipe with a brush won't the powder drag?

The powder sticks really well to the sticky layer. None of mine budges :)

Your nails look stunning, all of yours!

I just want to ask...
Base, cure, shellac colour (pale), cure, powder, wipe with brush, topcoat, cure.

If you wipe with a brush won't the powder drag?

Oops forgot to say, yup that's the steps I use too xx

Ooooo I love them!!

Elmos picture of her colour pops was meant to appear here!

Lovely! Adore your little flowers on ur thumb nail too xx

Sorry I jumped the gun a bit.

Press into cured colour. Got it :)

Über excited to try this now!!

Your nails all look stunning! *trundles off to EBay*

Is this the same as pigment powders??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

I have found that they can smudge ( I am new to them tho lol) I have found it better to have top coat a bit thicker and sort of float it over the top. Xxx

NYX make-up brand has a lot of Mica powders as well, I got a good bunch off CherryCulture website last week. They're fantastic!

I started calling them "Mineral Rockstars" but is that really appropriate? Lol I love the sound of it. Maybe Mica Rockstars, or just Mineral nails or Mica nails... Hmm...

Hi, are these the powders you got from Cherry Culture? Thank you!

d_14378.jpg

Gorgeous. Too bad that ebay seller doesn't ship outside the uk :(

I have tried mine out for the first time today! Love them :Love: a couple of gaps at the sidewalls where it came off but that was down to my application as my other hand is perfect. I think I have now decided to call them Pearlescent Powders, rather than Rainbow Nails. Think it sounds nicer :wink2:

Attachments

• DSCF1066.jpg
    DSCF1066.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 913
Hi, are these the powders you got from Cherry Culture? Thank you!

d_14378.jpg

Yes!! That's exactly it!

The bottles are small, but they are filled up to the top so it's definitely worth it. And the colors are beautiful :)

The only thing is that the opening of the bottle is very small so you'll have to use a smaller brush. But I haven't had any problems!

Yes!! That's exactly it!

The bottles are small, but they are filled up to the top so it's definitely worth it. And the colors are beautiful :)

The only thing is that the opening of the bottle is very small so you'll have to use a smaller brush. But I haven't had any problems!

Thank you for that...I'm placing my order, today! :)

Ive loads of Bright Mica powders in my craft stash (you can also buy them from Hobbycraft and Tim holtz has some fab colours too), but what brush is everyone using?
With my "crafting" micas I always add them to water and spray. or tip over the object onto paper and pour back into the pot. Ive never used a brush, so what brush s everyone using for nails?
Thanks
xx

Ive loads of Bright Mica powders in my craft stash (you can also buy them from Hobbycraft and Tim holtz has some fab colours too), but what brush is everyone using?
With my "crafting" micas I always add them to water and spray. or tip over the object onto paper and pour back into the pot. Ive never used a brush, so what brush s everyone using for nails?
Thanks
xx

I just used a flat brush that came in my set of nail art brushes, otherwise I was just going to use my Gel brush that I use for Rockstar. If you use the brush dry you get really shimmery effect and not as much of the colour iyswim? but when I wiped my brush through some DSperse then wiped excess off onto couch roll THEN applied the powder, I got a more true effect of the colour that was in the pot as it made it slightly damp. Don't know if that makes sense written down, you'll see what I mean if you do it :wink2:

I use a square & flat brush, it seemed to work fine for me :)

Make sure to clean it properly afterwards though, there seemed to be a lot powder left in between the bristles. I soaked mine in brush cleaner for 2 minutes and it was fine.

An eyeshadow brush works quite well x

I just used a flat brush that came in my set of nail art brushes, otherwise I was just going to use my Gel brush that I use for Rockstar. If you use the brush dry you get really shimmery effect and not as much of the colour iyswim? but when I wiped my brush through some DSperse then wiped excess off onto couch roll THEN applied the powder, I got a more true effect of the colour that was in the pot as it made it slightly damp. Don't know if that makes sense written down, you'll see what I mean if you do it :wink2:

Thank you, I had wondered if getting the powder damp somehow would change it on a nail. It certainly does on cards etc.. Cant wait to have a play around. got my in-laws here so nails is out the window until after the weekend :(
xx

Omg I am just loving the mica powders- my first attempt..ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334863239.439383.jpg

Recieved mine this morning! thanks Geeks! can't wait to have a play later!!:lol:

Ive been using Pigments myself a bit over a year now =)'

Everyone who are enyoing to work with them, thats your heaven: Copper Basics

Good luck:)
Andra M.

Latest posts

Back