Micro rings installed causing itching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie6777

Reaction score
Hi I have had a client who has had constant itching and sore scalp since installation. She has thick hair with 18'' 180 micro rings. It has been 5 weeks since installation. Any ideas why this is happening? Sections of hair match strands installed, not to tight or to near to scalp, all. Move freely. Any advice appreciated Thanks

Could she be allergic to the rings?? x

My mum has this problem with micro rings, she must be allergic as event rime iv put them in she has broke out in a rash on her scalp ( she thought it was her home dye, thats why i re fitted them ) now she uses shrinkies and has had no problems, x

Thanks for the replies, yes this was my thought as if it was just the weight of the hair she was getting used to it would not have lasted this long. Must be allergic to some thing in the metal of the micro rings, shrinkies would be a good alternative, I will try this method and see if she has any reaction. Thanks again.

Is there a little ring of rubber in the micro rings? Sorry not an extensionist so not sure. If there is could it be latex? Is she allergic to latex? Xoxo

The most common reaction with the micro rings is to the nickle. Many people have a allergy to nickle, I always do a 'ring test' before fitting. :lol:

My mum has this problem with micro rings, she must be allergic as event rime iv put them in she has broke out in a rash on her scalp ( she thought it was her home dye, thats why i re fitted them ) now she uses shrinkies and has had no problems, x

Can I ask where you get your shrinkies tubes from :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back