Micro rings refit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping someone can help as there seems to be a lot of different answers on the Internet.
I qualified in extensions 5 months ago so still new.. My first paying client want to come in after 4/5 months to have the extensions refitted as obviously they have grown out now.
This will be my first refit so do I

Take out all extensions
Wash the hair
Blowdry
Refit

Or do I
Remove one row come out and then reapply ?
this client will be using same hair

Thanks so much guys X

I'm new to the micro rings too but have been doing extensions for many years, I would remove them row by row, if her hair had been cut and layered it's just easier to place them back in the same area to avoid a strange look after? I would remove bottom row, comb out and smooth with straighteners and re apply. Not sure if this is the same advice an experienced micro ring tech would give but it does make sense to me, hope it helps!

Definitely work by row, take the whole row out, comb through and refit as normal. I made the mistake when I first started of taking the whole head out and then refitting.. only to start wondering why my clients were loosing length so quickly.. only to realise it was because I had to trim it every time they had a refit as the extensions were all going back in the wrong places [emoji23]

Definitely work by row, take the whole row out, comb through and refit as normal. I made the mistake when I first started of taking the whole head out and then refitting.. only to start wondering why my clients were loosing length so quickly.. only to realise it was because I had to trim it every time they had a refit as the extensions were all going back in the wrong places [emoji23]
Do you refit there and then? I like to let them have a couple of days break to get all shedding and product build up out?

Hi! I always ask the client to wash (but not condition) the hair before they come for the refit. Then depending if they have layers I remove row by row.
If they don't have layers then I remove them all and do a complete new fit.
Seem to work well for my clients and they rarely lose any! x

Do you refit there and then? I like to let them have a couple of days break to get all shedding and product build up out?

I refit there and then. Only if they are having new hair fitted I'd let them have a break xx

Yes there and then.. the new ring will be above where the previous ring/build up was.. so it won't prevent the build up being washed away when they next wash it..

I might try this x

Wow thanks for all your help guys your so helpful!!!!!

Also was thinking if a client wanted hair out and then have a break how do you all do that?
I'm thinking of getting loads of envelopes and ladles and call one row one and put the first row in there and so on

Ive always just done a complete removal and then recommend the refit a week after but looking through all the comments I can see the logic in doing it all there and then. I always end up making a right mess around me when taking them all out and trying to keep them in piles ready to go back in. Although I do find with some clients once all product build up/ shredded hair has been combed out there hair always seems oily... Would this not cause slippage later on once refitted? X

Latest posts

Back