Micro rings vs fusion bonds!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadetamsin

Reaction score
Hi, I recently posted as i was looking for a cheap hair extensionist! I have now up'ed my budget and am speaking to many hair extensionists that are willing to do my hair for me, one problem... I cant decide between micro rings or bonds!!!! I have read bad reviews on micro rings saying they slide out easily when brushing........ n bad on the glue aswell saying they shred ur hair (my hair is already a little dry due to dying! I dont want it to fall out!!) So im stuck, I cant decide so looking for anyone to give me their experiences, or hair extensionists opinions on which to use!

Thanks alot

hi have you looked into shrinkies??? .... i have done a hair extension course and got taught 9 different methods... the shirinkes are prebonded hair like what you would use for the micro rings ... and the shrinkies are small rubber tubes which the tip of the hair is placed into the shrinkie close to the roote with a small section of your own hair then heated up .. the tube 'shrinks' and grabbs the hair... and the glue inside bonds your hair and the added hair together ..... obviously they are similar to bonds but the rubber tube 'shrinkie' helps to protect the bond and keeps the bond neat and tidy .... microrings are good but i also have known a few people that they slide out of specailly if they have fine hair, or dont do as they should and use too much conditioner ....

hi have you looked into shrinkies??? .... i have done a hair extension course and got taught 9 different methods... the shirinkes are prebonded hair like what you would use for the micro rings ... and the shrinkies are small rubber tubes which the tip of the hair is placed into the shrinkie close to the roote with a small section of your own hair then heated up .. the tube 'shrinks' and grabbs the hair... and the glue inside bonds your hair and the added hair together ..... obviously they are similar to bonds but the rubber tube 'shrinkie' helps to protect the bond and keeps the bond neat and tidy .... microrings are good but i also have known a few people that they slide out of specailly if they have fine hair, or dont do as they should and use too much conditioner ....

Hi thanks for the reply.... I dont know much about shrinkies, ive been looking about online for people to do my hair, but not many seem to do shrinkies, so im guessing they arent that common or are new? Do you know much about fusion bonds? as ive gone off the micro rings now due to other reviews saying they do come out easily etc.

Thanks

hi :) yeh i was taught fusion bonds , but me personally im not into doing them .. they are too fiddley and messy... but that is just my opinion .. :) ... they are probably the most common way to have strand by strand hair fitted though so that says somthing ... you should find a few near you that fit extensions normally you can get a free consultation done with them or might be a small charge but if you can speak to them and see what they say and would reccommend like you say your hair is dry they might after looking at your hair recommend somthing totally different ... they should not put them in if there is a risk it will further damage your hair... they should only be fitted if after checking your hair it is healthy and STRONG enough to hold the extra weight of the extensions ...
i would definatley say go speak to a few and see what they can offer for you personally :) xxx

I have been fitting shrinkies for a good few years now and they are really popular. Shrinkies are tiny little shrinkable tubes you can either get them with an adhesive lining or without an ashesive lining. The advantage about the shrinkies are that the adhesive tip of the hair extension is inside the shrinkie and when the shrinkie is heated it shrinks down over the pretipped hair extension and clients hair. (equal amounts of course). If you do a search on the internet it will give you the lots of information about this method.

another fellow shrinkie lover i see :) ... i personally think these are so much neater and stronger than just hot fusion bonding ... good luck with the search hope you get somthing sorted x

I am not a lover of fusion butI do offer this as part of my service. I am a neat roller, by thisI mean I can get all my bonds the same length and thickness the same as the shrinkies. I find the shrinkies more neat and find them easier to remove from clients.

Do you use the adhesive lined or unlined shrinkies?

ive only ever used unlined ones as i have had no need to use the adesive lined ones.. seem to hold well without it .. so unless i come across some one whos hair dosnt seem to hold it well without it i would give the adhesive ones a try .... i still like micro rings but for some people they just dont seem to hold very well x

Hi, I like doing fusion bonds, I have tried shrinkies too and I quite them :)
I do mostly pre bonded fusion methods ,
and I also like to do them neat like lancslass does ,
my bonds when rolled and polished look like a clear grain of rice ,
they last really well too :)
pity you dont live nearer one of us extensionists ,

also another very important thing is the maintenence of your extensions
eg......
hair that sheds naturally and normally goes into the plug hole when you shampoo your hair,
now gets trapped in the top of extensions ,
so if you want your extensions to stay swishy and not tangle and matt at the top of each extension
then maintenence is very important to snip off these these little hairs
to keep it all free flowing

:) hope that made sense

Hi, I like doing fusion bonds, I have tried shrinkies too and I quite them :)
I do mostly pre bonded fusion methods ,
and I also like to do them neat like lancslass does ,
my bonds when rolled and polished look like a clear grain of rice ,
they last really well too :)
pity you dont live nearer one of us extensionists ,

also another very important thing is the maintenence of your extensions
eg......
hair that sheds naturally and normally goes into the plug hole when you shampoo your hair,
now gets trapped in the top of extensions ,
so if you want your extensions to stay swishy and not tangle and matt at the top of each extension
then maintenence is very important to snip off these these little hairs
to keep it all free flowing

:) hope that made sense

Hi :) thanks for the reply. I have now decided on pre bonded hair extensions and im still on the look out for a hair extensionist! sure is a shame none of you guys are near by!! I will keep my eye out though, I have spoken to a few people, but just havent found the right person yet as they either live too far, charge too much, dont seem proffesional etc etc, but i spose itl be worth the wait to find someone good! :)

Yeah everyone ive spoke to has said the maintenence is very important so i will bare that in mind to keep the extensions in tip top shape!!! :) x

Hi :) thanks for the reply. I have now decided on pre bonded hair extensions and im still on the look out for a hair extensionist! sure is a shame none of you guys are near by!! I will keep my eye out though, I have spoken to a few people, but just havent found the right person yet as they either live too far, charge too much, dont seem proffesional etc etc, but i spose itl be worth the wait to find someone good! :)

Yeah everyone ive spoke to has said the maintenence is very important so i will bare that in mind to keep the extensions in tip top shape!!! :) x

Hi I offer the following Hair Extension Systems and hair:

CINDERELLA
CONNECT
SO.CAP
ZIP & GO
VIRGIN
100% REFINED EUROPEAN REMY HAIR

Please feel free to contact me at my email address for more information, I am a freelance Mobile Hair Extension Technician. Consulations are free!

Hair Extensions & Spray Tan

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back