Microdrmabrasion if client has botox?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely daisyl, but if someone doesn't know they will just read it and think it is valid. The toxin dose for cosmetic botox etc is far less than what is injected into children with cerebral palsy and you would need thousands of units before toxicity is an issue. Someone works with rats and writes about it and suddenly tries to discredit all toxin use, how foolish of the writers! I don't read such studies now as I hear about them when we do our trainer updates.

Anyway, yes it was the Galderma trip, I only decided to go in the summer as I had my 5th child in July last year so couldn't go any earlier as I was feeding her myself. Are you going to Paris next month?

Thank you for your reply. I feel that it is important to know more knowledge to get a good all round view. It would be great if there were an advanced course for interested BT to update and be armed with the latest knowledge.

Thank you for your reply. I feel that it is important to know more knowledge to get a good all round view. It would be great if there were an advanced course for interested BT to update and be armed with the latest knowledge.

Hello honey

Unless you inject there is no reason to have advanced knowledge of the procedures. If a therapist is trying to promote a clinic then they really don't need to know how botox works at a microbiological level as that is the nurse or doctors responsibility. As long as you can advise on what is offered in your salon etc that is ok.

Glad our input is of help though x

Some of us like to know how things works! I want to know why I cannot offer micro current to a client who has Botox. My A level biology is rusty admitted but I find that in some quarters there seems to be a resistance to BT knowing anything more. Some of us would like to our further knowledge as it empowers us when informing clients and aids professionalism.

Some of us like to know how things works! I want to know why I cannot offer micro current to a client who has Botox. My A level biology is rusty admitted but I find that in some quarters there seems to be a resistance to BT knowing anything more. Some of us would like to our further knowledge as it empowers us when informing clients and aids professionalism.

Essentia I take on board your comments. There is 'informing' and there is 'advising'. I think it is great to be informed and so you should be - however I do not think bt's should be 'advising' patients regarding cosmetic txs such as botox. This advice should be sought from medical professionals. But of course, you should be informed.

Essentia I take on board your comments. There is 'informing' and there is 'advising'. I think it is great to be informed and so you should be - however I do not think bt's should be 'advising' patients regarding cosmetic txs such as botox. This advice should be sought from medical professionals. But of course, you should be informed.

I have NEVER once said that I want to 'advise' clients about Botox and I have no interest in doing so. For goodness sake READ the posts. Almost every Botox thread seems to end with someone getting unpleasant. :rolleyes:

I have NEVER once said that I want to 'advise' clients about Botox and I have no interest in doing so. For goodness sake READ the posts. Almost every Botox thread seems to end with someone getting unpleasant. :rolleyes:

Ooh ok, I think daisyl was referring to when you said you "it empowers you when informing clients", this could be read as advising but if you mean it as something innocent I am sure daisyl will retract this comment but stand by her thoughts of only medical professionals advising.

It's great that you want to know more about treatments, but maybe going into that much depth is a bit too much for someone who doesn't offer botox, would that be fair to say? The therapists in the clinics I go to know the treatments I offer, some have it done so know the results and can say how it felt to have it done from their perspective. others will know the difference between botox, fillers and other treatments I offer but I could definitely say that none of the staff know how it works beyond it's an injection into the muscle.

x

forgot to add that I wouldn't do any type of facial for at least a couple of weeks after botox!

I was talking in general. It was not personal for goodness sake! As to someone getting unpleasant - I think if you re-read and not take it so personally you may understand what in fact I meant.

Pointing out issues from a medical perspective does not make it unpleasant! What does make a thread 'unpleasant' is the response.

Do you have a website Daisyl? x

Latest posts

Back