Mid Life Crisis??/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
I personally prefer to call it a mid life re-evaluation.

I think that women, can't speak for men, get to a certain again 40-45, when the kids are one their way etc.. and we look back at what we have done for the last 20 years and what we are going to do for the next 20.

We ask ourselves do I want to slog through the next 20 exactly like the last 20? This is just my opinion...stop me if I'm wrong...:)

So we re-evaluate...what do I want to change?...Why do I want to change it?...How will it make my life different/better? Some of us have the courage to do it and some of us don't. Maybe courage is the wrong word, maybe it's confidence.

What I want to know is this...Have you had a mid-life re-evaluation? What did you change? Did it work? Is it better? Or is it all a load of rubbish and it's just raging hormones that take over your body?

e.g. My mother, re-evaluated. She ditched her glasses that she had worn since she was 2. She applied make-up for the first time in 40 odd years. She bought jeans and threw out the polyester flowery dress, dumped her husband and moved in with her girlfriend!!!!:eek:

Drastic I know....was yours just as life changing?

i think my "mid-life" was when i turned 30, i had been a doormat and had lived in a box of staying at home, husband working away and doing what ever pleased him, and me struggling to bring 3 boys up very close in age, without having a life.
At 30 i started my nail training,
cleared off too turkey for a week on my own
and started to earn my own money, then i settled back in unknowingly back to being a doormat again, so at 34 ditched the husband became financially independant and I am starting college in september to train as a hairdresser......so maybe i have been going through a mid life for a few years and hopefully at 40 i will be on the path of owning my own "salon" business, have a rich bloke on my arm pmsl and have 3 grown up boys who dont need 100% of my attention all the time and my life will be happy and content.
My midlife came early lol

I've just turned 44 and life is fan-bloody-tastic. I have a new lease on life (even career wise) , i'm contemplating competing again after quite some years watching the industry change into something I don't like. It's never too early or never too late, every year is different, never use age as an excuse to do (or not to do) something!!!! I'm not gonna stop until my remains are turned into fertiliser. :)

I had my mid-life evaluation at 36! I'd been a house-wife and stay at home mum for 15 years, had had my last baby just the year before and I decided I wanted to do something for me, something I'd always wanted to do.

So firstly I got myself steralised - no more babies!! :lol:

Then I enrolled at college to do beauty therapy. One of the best decisions I've ever made and I feel like ME again.:green:

I've just turned 44 and life is fan-bloody-tastic. I have a new lease on life (even career wise) , i'm contemplating competing again after quite some years watching the industry change into something I don't like. It's never too early or never too late, every year is different, never use age as an excuse to do (or not to do) something!!!! I'm not gonna stop until my remains are turned into fertiliser. :)

Carl you are just what my fella needs!!

He thinks because he's 37 next week and in a job that he loathes he's too old to train in computers, I've tried to tell him what you have said but for some reason he's not having a barr of it!

Teri x:hug:

Carl you are just what my fella needs!!

He thinks because he's 37 next week and in a job that he loathes he's too old to train in computers, I've tried to tell him what you have said but for some reason he's not having a barr of it!

Teri x:hug:
The difference is ...... i do what i love, but it's never too late for anything, if you dont like it, leave it......

I'm not saying I had a midlife crisis....... can you have one with a partner? .... .......but a couple years ago hubby and I were feeling we needed a fresh start as we were feeling a bit stagnant and bored with our current situation.....so we decided to move to another country and start over......left all our kids....( there adults) and sold our house ....sold or businesses and left the desert of Vegas and moved....... now we have a new surroundings,friends,work,dogs, ect.....have never been happier .......the kids feel like they have there space...and so do we..... life is good and no longer stagnant ........

I tend to have a life crisis every 10 years. I've had 2 husbands no kids 4 dogs and totally different careers.

I find that I get bored and restless and I want different challenges. I've discovered I like learning again,so who knows where that will take me.:)

As Carl said you are never too old for a change. I have made my change at almost 47 and am doing a job I love working for myself. I just could not stand the though of working for someone else doing a job I hated for the next 18 years - god just writing that makes me cringe.

If anybody had told me 15 years ago I would be in the nails/beauty profession I would've laughed because it never even entered my head that I might want to do this 10 years ago and only came into it sort of by accident.

I have also re-awakened my desire for learning which I left behind too many years ago.

God I hope I don't have another re-evalatuion and want to do something else.

I seem to evaluate alot lol
In my 20's I was hairdressing and had my kids,
At 30 I did A levels in the local 6th form
35 I started in the nail industry
Now I am looking at doing something to make me rich but not sure of what yet :lol:

I seem to evaluate alot lol
In my 20's I was hairdressing and had my kids,
At 30 I did A levels in the local 6th form
35 I started in the nail industry
Now I am looking at doing something to make me rich but not sure of what yet :lol:

when you find the rich thing will you let me know pleeeeese....my mid life re-evaluation is going to cost a lot of dosh!

Latest posts

Back