Minimum charge for mobile beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmima1

Reaction score
hi there,
i've just started up going mobile and doing beauty from my home too. I have a few clients that are 30mins to an hour drive away.

when i've been to them to do treatments it has always been for £40-80 but had a client as me to travel 25mins to do her a manicure and eyebrows (£18), I explianed that once i've paid petrol i wouldn't be covering my costs so if she just wanted that she could come to me, she has since asked me to do a pedicure aswel so it's more worth me going there.

Do any of you state on pricelists etc that there is a minimum charge to go somewhere further away? i don't want to turn people away or upset them. need all the bussiness i can get!!!

Any help would be greatly appriciated, thank you x

Yes you can either set a minimum or you can charge for travel and time. It is up to you. It is just not worth your while taking just anything if it is going to cost you in petrol, wear and tear on the car and of course the time involved. It is better to make things clear in the beginning than to let people down later on. :)

Hi i have a home salon but also offer mobile. I charge £15 call out for mobile and treatments on top. So far most people have been happy with thi. If not they just come to me!!!

I like the idea of a call out fee :)
I have been asked to go mobile once when it was 40mls away. So I agreed, but charged her £10 for petrol. This was my actual petrol costs, but there was still 2hrs in travelling involved which I didn't charge for. It was a quiet day though, so I wasn't turning away any other business.
xx

Gosh Jenx, 40mls in 2 hrs? You are fast :green:
Yes, I have a min charge £10, but if someone wants me to go far I will charge even £20 on top.

Gosh Jenx, 40mls in 2 hrs? You are fast :green:

Ha ha it was all back roads and that was there and back so 80miles in total :wink2:.
I have a bad cold lol, and can't think straight :hug:
xx

I have a minimum charge of £15, which usually isnt an issue as most treatments are more than this. Its normally just waxing and in which case they just have something else waxed too, or ask a friend to come to theirs as well to up the money.
x

When I did it last time I didn't have a call out charge...just a minimum spend if you like...or minimum charge maybe...

I couldn't class myself as mobile and then charge them for the privilege...even though it would have been a nice little earner. :lol:

Now I am intending to be more home-based but again for mobile I will perhaps just do a minimum spend/charge depending on the distance...

It's difficult because you don't want to alienate anyone...but then you are not a charity either...

To be honest, anyone who expects you to travel for an £8 file and polish etc is pushing their luck. I think travelling a reasonable distance for £15 is fine.
I just state the areas i am willing to travel to and then say that i will travel further afield for groups.
I have never had any problems.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back