Minimum Waxing age

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
Hi all

I did the first part of my waxing course over the weekend but don't go back for another 2 weeks. One thing I didn't think to ask is 'what is the minimum age that you will wax someone?'. Is this mostly personal preference? I would have no problem waxing eyebrows, legs, underarms on someone in high school if their mum bought them in as most girls start shaving then. But what about brazilians? Is there a minimum legal age in Australia fellow Oz geeks?
Thanks

Hi,

For a lot of therapists, a minimum waxing age comes down to their own discretion and what they feel comfortable with. However, it is also worth remembering that most insurance companies also stipulate the minimum age of a client, so make sure that you check your policy first.

Hi,

For a lot of therapists, a minimum waxing age comes down to their own discretion and what they feel comfortable with. However, it is also worth remembering that most insurance companies also stipulate the minimum age of a client, so make sure that you check your policy first.

Mine stipulates no age limit although below the age of 16 I request parental consent,can I ask what the legal age is for waxing with the Guild's insurance please?

Hi Babs,

The Guild's policy states the following with regard to the treatment of children and teenagers for standard (non-invasive) beauty treatments:

• Always check the local bye-laws in your area
  • If you wish to treat anyone under the age of 16 it is recommended that the parent or guardian attends the salon with the minor and both requested to sign the consent form on the salon record card.
  • Salons should insist that appointments for under-16s are booked out of school hours
  • Tanning treatments should not be carried out on under-16s, in line with guidance from The Sunbed Association, the British Medical Association and the Health and Safety Executive.
  • Intimate waxing such as Hollywood, Brazilian waxing should not be carried out on anyone under the age of 18.
  • It is always important to establish that the young person wishes to have the treatment and is not being forced by their parent/guardian to have the treatment and also that they fully understand what is involved in the treatment.
Electrolysis
Written permission from the client’s GP would be required to offer electrolysis treatment to anyone under the age of 18.

Ear Piercing
Under 16's must have parents/guardians written consent.

Hope this helps.

Hi Babs,

The Guild's policy states the following with regard to the treatment of children and teenagers for standard (non-invasive) beauty treatments:

• Always check the local bye-laws in your area
  • If you wish to treat anyone under the age of 16 it is recommended that the parent or guardian attends the salon with the minor and both requested to sign the consent form on the salon record card.
  • Salons should insist that appointments for under-16s are booked out of school hours
  • Tanning treatments should not be carried out on under-16s, in line with guidance from The Sunbed Association, the British Medical Association and the Health and Safety Executive.
  • Intimate waxing such as Hollywood, Brazilian waxing should not be carried out on anyone under the age of 18.
  • It is always important to establish that the young person wishes to have the treatment and is not being forced by their parent/guardian to have the treatment and also that they fully understand what is involved in the treatment.
Electrolysis
Written permission from the client’s GP would be required to offer electrolysis treatment to anyone under the age of 18.

Ear Piercing
Under 16's must have parents/guardians written consent.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Louisa,very similar to what I have been taught already tbh was just checking if there was anything different with the Guilds insurance guidelines and mine.:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back