Mint green polish .. is there one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinkyPinky

Reaction score
I love the CND Colour and Effects polishes but they don't have a mint green which a friend asked me for the other day. I am still training and practising at the moment but wondered if anyone can recommend another good quality professional brand that has more on trend/daring colours that I could also offer to clients.

Essie have a lovely peppermint green which is part of their new Spring collection. It's called Mint Candy Apple and is available from Perfect Nails.

www.perfectnails.uk.com

HTHs

Ciate paint pots - "apples and custard", its beauuuutiful!!

Thanks for the replies. The title of my thread seems to have changed! It's not that I can't find a mint green polish but I wanted some recommendations for a really good quality brand (like CND) that has more daring and on trend colours so that I can stock that range for my more fashion conscious clients.

I highly recommend Leighton Dennys product loads a colours to choose from and all in a high gloss finish!
manda x

I am presuming you have some of the CND polishes and effects, why not experiment with the Green in that range and see what happens when you use the different effects - you might find that your client loves her new tailored colour rather than one you can just get off the shelf so to speak.

Nfu.Oh polishes, professional quality polishes and with their distinctive corset style bottles a retail winner!! Every colour you and your clients could wish for, with lots of great shades of green you would love!
Nail Polish at Affiniti

Thanks for the replies. The title of my thread seems to have changed! It's not that I can't find a mint green polish but I wanted some recommendations for a really good quality brand (like CND) that has more daring and on trend colours so that I can stock that range for my more fashion conscious clients.

I'd still recommend Essie. They're range of polish is tremendous, with many unusual colours to satisfy any client who is particularly fashion conscious.

I love the CND Colour and Effects polishes but they don't have a mint green which a friend asked me for the other day. I am still training and practising at the moment but wondered if anyone can recommend another good quality professional brand that has more on trend/daring colours that I could also offer to clients.

i saw an opi one in capital last week! was a lovely colour hun

hth,
Jodie

China Glaze has an amazing range of funky colors. They also do holographics which are very cool. The neon and Kix collections are to die for. :D

You couldn't have a better range than CND Colour & Effects for your more fashion conscious clients! If fashion is your thing have a good gander at this: CND Fashion Week Blog

There are several ways to create 'mint green' with CND Colour & Effects, the fabulous thing being that you can tweek the end result to get it just right.

Green Scene, then Emerald Shimmer, finished with Super Matt Top Coat.
I looooooove this combo, the Super Matt not only softens the colour to make it more 'minty' but gives it an ultra on trend non gloss texture.

If you want a left of center midnight mint go fo:
Oilslick, then Emerald Shimmer, then Jade Sparkle, finished with Super Shiney Top Coat.

Another option? ;)
Green Scene, then Lavender Pearl, finished with either Super Matte or Air Dry Top Coat.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for all of your recommendations guys.

Thank you Fiona for opening my eyes to the versatility of the CND Colours and Effects. I only have about 20 colours and 5 effects at the moment but I think I will invest in the primary and secondary colours and a few more effects. I love that they are bespoke just needed a little encouragement I think. :wink2:

Nfu.Oh polishes, professional quality polishes and with their distinctive corset style bottles a retail winner!! Every colour you and your clients could wish for, with lots of great shades of green you would love!
Nail Polish at Affiniti

They are fantastic...I'm definetly recommended them.:biggrin:

China Glaze has some really trendy colors out right now, including a mint green. :)

Jessica have a lovely opalescent mint green called "Cloud Mine", which was part of the new "Daydream" spring collection. One of the things I like about Jessica is the seasonal collections (normally four collections of six colours a year), and it's one of the things that my clients like as they're always asking when the next collection is out - I even get people who come in just to see them & buy the most up-to-date colours!

There is a lovely mint green nail polish by Barry M. :)

xx
barry-m-mint.jpg

They are fantastic...I'm definetly recommended them.:biggrin:

Me too. There is hardly a colour that they don't have))) you should see the shop in Renfrew I can't resist although I don't use polish often)))

China Glaze has an amazing range of funky colors. They also do holographics which are very cool. The neon and Kix collections are to die for. :D

i totally agree, im just opening a salon and i have chosen china glaze ther are soooo good n have hardeners in them so they are really long lasting :D x

chg_refresh-mint_2-400x342.jpg

China Glaze - Refresh-mint.
From Spring/Summer, Up and Away collection

Latest posts

Back