Minx copies that are cheaper?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is if you are a vat registered company
It is less expensive either way. The point is that it is only marginally cheaper and that at his own quoted prices, he loses money using knock offs even if he orders in the most uneconomical way possible.

I can only assume that he isn't doing enough services to order any other way. Still think its insane. But if he is happy losing money actively promoting a product his customers can buy from his suppliers, no amount of logical discussion will change that.

It is less expensive either way. The point is that it is only marginally cheaper and that at his own quoted prices, he loses money using knock offs even if he orders in the most uneconomical way possible.

I can only assume that he isn't doing enough services to order any other way. Still think its insane. But if he is happy losing money actively promoting a product his customers can buy from his suppliers, no amount of logical discussion will change that.
Agree totally.

I am surprised that SQ don't have a minimum order level. I'm used to ordering hair products in multiples of 6 and there being minimum order levels.

Ordering one at a time seems a bit, well, odd.:wink2:

Thing is Mr Geek, you can point out the maths. I fully understand the maths (am an accounting geek!), but you are not gonna convince people if all they understand is a headline price. Nor will you ever convince the people who firmly believe that cheapest is best, as it is a particular mindset that no amount of logic or reasoned argument will ever change.:rolleyes:

Agree totally.

I am surprised that SQ don't have a minimum order level. I'm used to ordering hair products in multiples of 6 and there being minimum order levels.

Ordering one at a time seems a bit, well, odd.:wink2:

Thing is Mr Geek, you can point out the maths. I fully understand the maths (am an accounting geek!), but you are not gonna convince people if all they understand is a headline price. Nor will you ever convince the people who firmly believe that cheapest is best, as it is a particular mindset that no amount of logic or reasoned argument will ever change.:rolleyes:
Though ordering in case quantities would present some economies for all parties, we don't have minimum orders because they suck :D

Agree with your comments, but can't blame a geek for trying ;)

People should use what works best for them, I just don't like seeing the industry or the professionals in it being used. We are all better than that.

I do have an order system and buy in bulk where & when I can or hold off to order as much as possible at once but there is no way of knowing which of the hundreds of designs my clients are going to decide to buy or when. I try to stock the more popular designs and designs that I will get lots of sets from so they are always available but the problem is there because of the huge choice of Minx every client has - great for them but not so great for us having to try and stock everything.

Hi Hun, You sound really cheesed off and I can't say I blame you. It IS hard trying to find the money for products that have alot of variations and you do feel pressure to keep up with the latest trends but your clients should realise that as you're mobile it's just not realistic that you're going to have as many designs in stock as the plush salon/spa in the city centre. Perhaps you could always hold stock for a few of the popular designs but explain to the client that if they want a design that you have to order in especially for them they will need to pay an ordering fee (of however much the postage & VAT would be). That way, you let them decide whether they want to fork out the extra however much to get a specific design or they choose from the one's you already have. Just an idea for you.
HTH xxxxx

Your right Im not doing huge amounts only started offering them a few weeks ago. Iv found Minx available from a few sites anyone can get there hands on and its only £1 or so more than trade price!!!!!

You haven't got to try and sell them to me! I already done the research and the product Im using i feel are really good quality as Minx and Im going to continue using them for half the price of Minx. They offer the same amount of sets you can produce from each packet!

You mention and use the minx logo on your website, but there is no mention that you charge different prices for the different products.

So do you use minx, or Trendy nail wraps Craig? The designs you show are TNW, but the minx stuff is there too. Do you charge more for minx? or all the same price?

Am all ears.

Your right Im not doing huge amounts only started offering them a few weeks ago. Iv found Minx available from a few sites anyone can get there hands on and its only £1 or so more than trade price!!!!!
Mind PMing me the link(s)? I can't think of why anyone would go through the effort to make a £1 profit. If I identify the accounts, we will bar their account. IMO, nothing worse than people trying to make a profit from selling out their industry.

Who wants cheap copies? Cheapskates that's who! Your welcome to them I love minx and trust the brand!
My clients ask for minx by name and that's exactly what they get no rip offs, knock offs, no nonsense.
An like the geek says your not really saving money by knocking 5 quid off the price!your just earning less.. Work smarter not harder isn't that what they say?

Who wants cheap copies? Cheapskates that's who! Your welcome to them I love minx and trust the brand!
My clients ask for minx by name and that's exactly what they get no rip offs, knock offs, no nonsense.
An like the geek says your not really saving money by knocking 5 quid off the price!your just earning less.. Work smarter not harder isn't that what they say?

Knock 5 off is the extra 5 on the.product

Mind PMing me the link(s)? I can't think of why anyone would go through the effort to make a £1 profit. If I identify the accounts, we will bar their account. IMO, nothing worse than people trying to make a profit from selling out their industry.

Just Google it there's a fair few!

I don't see that any of you need to defend yourself ie geeg, persianista, the geek or anyone else for that matter.

I choose to use Minx because in my opinion they are the best of the wraps I've tried and my clients like them and ask for them. The products speak for themselves.

If people don't want to buy them or offer them then don't, but there is no' need for everyone to justify why they do. I personally think they are a premium products, others are available and if you want to use them then do.

I personally will be sticking with minx! ;-) xx

Surely there must be some kind of rules about only being able to use Minx's copyrighted branding and name if you are actually using Minx ?

Surely there must be some kind of rules about only being able to use Minx's copyrighted branding and name if you are actually using Minx ?

I would have thought it was very misleading to use the minx pictures and branding, then show TNW designs.

The minxbranding is pretty good, so thats probably why it gets used.

I use it on my site. We only ever use what we advertise though!

To be honest I think cnd/sweet sqaured should use this thread as a wake up call regarding how much of thier products are being sold everywhere.

You have been told loads of times where your products are being sold...ebay, tailormade nails etc etc yet for months and months they carry on selling your products. You say you are working on it time and time again yet there they are still selling your brand...

I guess your customers aren't to pleased with this x

Why is it people seem to be stuck on using one OR the other.

I use both - I think my clients get the best of both worlds this way.

They choose what they want and pay accordingly.

I think it's my duty to search out the best products and to offer a good service to all my clients - I feel I do this by offering Minx to those who want it and also by offering an alternative choice with different designs and a slightly cheaper price for those who choose that service.

On my website i have it under as nail art and state i use a few brands which included ... ... And ...

Why is it people seem to be stuck on using one OR the other.

I use both - I think my clients get the best of both worlds this way.

They choose what they want and pay accordingly.

I think it's my duty to search out the best products and to offer a good service to all my clients - I feel I do this by offering Minx to those who want it and also by offering an alternative choice with different designs and a slightly cheaper price for those who choose that service.

Snap

To be honest I think cnd/sweet sqaured should use this thread as a wake up call regarding how much of thier products are being sold everywhere.

You have been told loads of times where your products are being sold...ebay, tailormade nails etc etc yet for months and months they carry on selling your products. You say you are working on it time and time again yet there they are still selling your brand...

I guess your customers aren't to pleased with this x

We don't sell to Tailormade. They divert from the US. Once their source is identified, they will lose CND. We have actually spent a great deal of time on money on this (along with CND).

I personally have shut down tens of thousands of pounds a month of eBay sales. The trick is to identify who is actually doing it. eBay themselves do agreat job of hiding this information as they financially benefit from the sales. I actually have a police investigation currently ongoing with one reseller.

I have always been an avid, vocal supporter of selling strictly to the professional and don't know of another company in our industry that has put as much time, effort and money in to stop these people.

So thanks for the wake up call, but I've been up for hours already :)

You mention and use the minx logo on your website, but there is no mention that you charge different prices for the different products.

So do you use minx, or Trendy nail wraps Craig? The designs you show are TNW, but the minx stuff is there too. Do you charge more for minx? or all the same price?

Am all ears.

Dawn if you have actually looked at my website i haven't got the Minx logo on there. I have 3 pictures which are my own work, one showing lynx and.2 showing Minx. The designs i am showing are lynx.

So please research into things before predicting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back