Minx copies that are cheaper?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Google it there's a fair few!

Then it won't take you more than 10 seconds to PM me the links? Hell, you could of sone that faster than replying to me.

Dawn if you have actually looked at my website i haven't got the Minx logo on there. I have 3 pictures which are my own work, one showing lynx and.2 showing Minx. The designs i am showing are lynx.

So please research into things before predicting!!!

When the client asks they are told the price and if they decide on a Minx.design there.is an extra £5 ontop

Then it won't take you more than 10 seconds to PM me the links? Hell, you could of sone that faster than replying to me.

I never saved the.links to favourites! Im using the app if your using a laptop you won't have.no.problem :)

Ok. PM me later then because Google can't seem to find the links either.

We don't sell to Tailormade. They divert from the US. Once their source is identified, they will lose CND. We have actually spent a great deal of time on money on this (along with CND).

I personally have shut down tens of thousands of pounds a month of eBay sales. The trick is to identify who is actually doing it. eBay themselves do agreat job of hiding this information as they financially benefit from the sales. I actually have a police investigation currently ongoing with one reseller.

I have always been an avid, vocal supporter of selling strictly to the professional and don't know of another company in our industry that has put as much time, effort and money in to stop these people.

So thanks for the wake up call, but I've been up for hours already :)

Glad to hear it lol :wink2:

When the client asks they are told the price and if they decide on a Minx.design there.is an extra £5 ontop
Even though they don't cost £5 more to do. That was my whole point. You make a loss undercutting your Minx service to offer a cheap alternative.

This isn't about "use one or the other". This is about "don't lose money cheaping out your services".

Anyooo. I sort of feel like I am repeating myself so I'll stop.

On a side note Craig... Where do you buy your Minx from?

Knock 5 off is the extra 5 on the.product

They sell TNW in my local wholesalers and I work them out to be around £2 cheaper than minx. So not much of a saving?

Omg Geek, just noticed you actually own S2! That is so cool! (yes I know I sound like a loser but I'm very impressed that you have time to talk to us! Lol)

Omg Geek, just noticed you actually own S2! That is so cool! (yes I know I sound like a loser but I'm very impressed that you have time to talk to us! Lol)

Ayy the geeks cool they all spend time on here from sweetsquared, that's what makes them so great!

If clients can buy from ebay WHY would they pay to have you perform the sevice and have very little choice of design. Yes they can get Minx of ebay but the choice is limited and they cannot buy from s2 so cant always get what they want but we can.Not getting this.

Even though they don't cost £5 more to do. That was my whole point. You make a loss undercutting your Minx service to offer a cheap alternative.

This isn't about "use one or the other". This is about "don't lose money cheaping out your services".

Anyooo. I sort of feel like I am repeating myself so I'll stop.

On a side note Craig... Where do you buy your Minx from?

On sweet squared if you order one packet by the time you have post and vat on it works out more than double side line brands like lynx

Hey dawn if your not a fan of lynx why did i see you as there fb friend?!?!

Wow stalker , how could you just happen to notice that? Lol ,

We are not meant to put the trade prices on here ,

I have just sat here and done the maths, ok I did a spread sheet.
Because I can't get my head round the business making the same money or even more money with using cheaper knock off's v the real thing.

I have got it here in black and white that:
Even if you buy the other brand for 25 pence you will still never make as much as you would with Minx.

We are all in the industry to make money, but sometimes pinching the penny will actually cost you pounds.

I have just sat here and done the maths, ok I did a spread sheet.
Because I can't get my head round the business making the same money or even more money with using cheaper knock off's v the real thing.

I have got it here in black and white that:
Even if you buy the other brand for 25 pence you will still never make as much as you would with Minx.

We are all in the industry to make money, but sometimes pinching the penny will actually cost you pounds.

Send me a copy!!

This tread is really interesting lol

Wow stalker , how could you just happen to notice that? Lol ,

We are not meant to put the trade prices on here ,

Who put trade prices?

Nah its not staking it wasn't hard to miss when someone posts a pic of there car on a.nail page lol

On sweet squared if you order one packet by the time you have post and vat on it works out more than double side line brands like lynx

:grr: I think what people have been trying to tell you, is that it makes no sense to order one pack of anything at a time.

People, use what you want - apart of TNW (which are slightly thicker) Lynx, Minx, Kooky, Blinxz are so similar that you would be very hard put to tell the difference when applying or wearing. Personally, I've never had a client specifically ask for any brand, they just want the stuff they can see on my toes! I charge one price for the service.

I have seen ur prices Craig and for a mobile company u charge a hell of a lot. My prices are cheaper than urs and I have a salon with rent to pay, rates, electric, gas etc. And yes I am from the same area as u, so I don't think u need to worry about buying the cheaper option lol!

I have seen ur prices Craig and for a mobile company u charge a hell of a lot. My prices are cheaper than urs and I have a salon with rent to pay, rates, electric, gas etc. And yes I am from the same area as u, so I don't think u need to worry about buying the cheaper option lol!

Lisa tell me where do you work and what price do they charge? Charge a hell of a lot... Im offering a great service at an affordable price. Tell me another mobile hairdresser that is offering this service for the price i am? Ok you say you charge less... Im sure you have people waiting.for weeks because your so cheap!!! And your point is? Sounds like your getting very cocky and personal Lisa

Send me a copy!!

This tread is really interesting lol

I have sent it to your google mail account. It makes interesting reading.
Profits are on 30 minute services per appliation.

Been reading this thread with interest so thought I might add my views. First of all there is no doubt that Minx lead the field in Nail Wraps and such the trend was set, however what they didn't do is get exclusivity on the raw materials they use i.e. the unprinted adhesive foil, the vinyl, the laminate etc etc such that other companies have been able to buy exactly the same material to make a product that is of the same quality, not called Minx but hey! we live in a society of a free marketplace so why shouldn't other companies do that and give the buyers of those products more choice? As for selling them to everyone and not just professionals, I've said it on here before and I will repeat myself when I say that anyone can go and buy a file and bottle of nail varnish but it doesn't stop people from going into a salon for a file and polish because some people like the salon experience and the better quality finish that a therapist or nail technician can give! As for ordering quantities, some people on here have already said that they don't have the budget or facility to buy in bulk or even more than 1 set at a time. . Why are they been berated for this?? Choices are available to us all and no one should try to bully another into thinking like they do, buy like they do, work like they do. As for other wraps being worn by famous people well all I can say is now that there are other wraps on the market how are you all so sure that they are really Minx??? Could it be that those wraps the UK stars are wearing are from another company. I think so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back