Minx - Hairdryer??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsnails

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just ordered my first batch of Minx from Sweetsquared.
I have read on the net about using a hairdryer to heat the Minx up for application, is this ok to use?
Is it specifically infrared heat needed or is any heat ok?
Has anyone got any tips for using Minx?

Hi hun,join the minx lovers group it's full of great info !

An hairdryer IMHO doesn't look very pro but wil do the job however it will take longer as you have to stop to warm the minx and hands,the minx lamp would give optimum results hth's xx

Last edited:
ive tryed a hairdryer once when i did it for my sister and home and didnt want to move my lamp incase i broke it! but i find a hair dryer just blows it about everywere!!
but u can use any heat! (at home on family not on clients) ive used a candle and just holded the minx above that and it work really well and even straightens and just holded the minx inbetween them! lol
but at work i use a infra red lamp (its not the actually minx lamp for S2) but its just a desk one and was like about £25 which was great cus the actuall minx lamp is quite exspensive i got mine from a online pharmasy shop Buy Medisana Infrared Lamp IRL 88254, £20.49, Heat & Infracare Products, Online Pharmacy
happy minxing!

Hmm this looks like a good alternative to the S2 one, has anyone else tried this and does it work as well as the 'real' one x

Hmm this looks like a good alternative to the S2 one, has anyone else tried this and does it work as well as the 'real' one x

If you type medisana 88254 in the search facility there are lot's of threads .... none complaining about it :green:

Brilliant! I've been pondering whether to splash out on the s2 one, but I think i'll get this one for now and 'test' out the market for MINX in my town first, TNW's seemed to have rolled over and died after a flurry of requests from clients when I first advertised it, I think MINX is more widely known amongst clients than TNW as you often read about it in magazines etc x

i bought the minx bulb and put it in a desk lamp with a long bendy neck£4.99 total £14.99 works great . x a friend of mine just bought a vavarium bulb. hairdryer !! hmmm only when its on the nails . but then you cant stretch it for maximum effect? x

A hairdryer will work just fine, but can be a little clumsy as minx can be fiddly to do.

lol my minx shriveld under the heat when i tried > :cry::cry::cry: but when i heated it after it was on, it was ok.. i did do minx around the pool in spain, worked brilliantly... but it was 38 lol:)

lol my minx shriveld under the heat when i tried > :cry::cry::cry: but when i heated it after it was on, it was ok.. i did do minx around the pool in spain, worked brilliantly... but it was 38 lol:)

When you use gentle heat and don't over stretch it works just fine hun . hth's

Thanks for all your replies.

I have a halogen desk lamp that I use and that gets rather warm, maybe that would work?

Another question, can you re-heat Minx? For example if you apply it to one nail and cut off the excess and want to use that excess, can you re-heat it to apply it after its gone cold?

I can wait for it to arrive now :D

Yes you can reheat Minx, Mrs Nails.

Minx only needs a heat source and no one has ever tried to push THE infrared lamp from S2 on anyone. HOWEVER .... whichever lamp you use, you must be careful. S2 have provided a professional quality lamp for nail stylists that has features on it to protect both you and your clients. Think insurance!

A hot Infrared bulb will fry the skin if touched .... therefore, the S2 lamp has a protective guard on it.

A hot infrared bulb produces mega heat and can cause damage to furniture, ignite flammables etc ... the S2 lamp has a dimmer on it to control the amount of heat which keeps you safer and keeps you cooler. turn it up hen you need it and down when you don't.

Infrared bulbs are large and heavy so the S2 lamp is counterweighted to make sure the lamp cannot topple over. Those putting large heavy bulbs in ordinary lamps beware. The bulbs can also burn the shade of a lamp not made to accommodate it or make it so hot you can burn yourself. The S2 lamp has a special handle for angling the heat so that you do not burn yourself when doing so.

Both the Minx and the toes need to be gently warmed .. The S2 lamp has a long neck that easily stretches to warm the feet, without the lamp toppling. I wonder how many of you remember to warm the toes as well as the Minx?? Then complain that the Minx fell off on holiday?? :rolleyes:

There is always someone who thinks they are clever and can get it cheaper elsewhere, but the quality of what you are getting is not professional quality nor would what you are using pass Health & Safety ... and I have warned you about the dangers of putting an infrared bulb in the wrong type of lamp ... so be careful.

Thank you for your replies.

GEEG - I will take all your advice into account, many thanks

:)

Latest posts

Back