Minx Heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Can someone put me right please..

I remember reading that if you change the bulb in your lamp to infra red you can invaidate your insurance is this correct?

I have just read on the Minx site that this is an option....

Do I need the Minx Heat to apply Minx?

No, to insure proper application a heat lamp is required. Minx offers a specially developed Minx heat lamp that provides your clients with the optimal performance. You can also buy a heat bulb from your local hardware or lighting store and install into your own lamp.

SUGGESTED SPECS FOR HEAT LAMP BULBS:

• Feit Electric 250 watt clears 130V. #250R40/1-130
• Philips Heat Light 175 watt clear 120V #175PAR/Heat 120V

If I am not permited to post that please delete*

I have also read I can use my desk lamp as its heat from any source (within reason) that is required.

Do I need infra red? Is this best? Can I use my desk lamp?

Bit confuddled here lol

Can someone put me right please..

I remember reading that if you change the bulb in your lamp to infra red you can invaidate your insurance is this correct?

I have just read on the Minx site that this is an option....

Do I need the Minx Heat to apply Minx?

No, to insure proper application a heat lamp is required. Minx offers a specially developed Minx heat lamp that provides your clients with the optimal performance. You can also buy a heat bulb from your local hardware or lighting store and install into your own lamp.

SUGGESTED SPECS FOR HEAT LAMP BULBS:

• Feit Electric 250 watt clears 130V. #250R40/1-130
• Philips Heat Light 175 watt clear 120V #175PAR/Heat 120V

If I am not permited to post that please delete*

I have also read I can use my desk lamp as its heat from any source (within reason) that is required.

Do I need infra red? Is this best? Can I use my desk lamp?

Bit confuddled here lol

Personally I think infra red is the best source of heat BUT you need to have some caution when putting in an ordinary lamp,
(1)that the SHADE is suitable to take the heat generated from the infra red bulb and (2) doesn't set it on fire. (3) If it is a metal shade, then you need to be sure that it does not become too hot and burn you when you touch it. also IMO the (4) bulb itself should be protected by a grille so that you cannot accidentally touch it (or your client) and really burn yourself.

So I would say be cautious if making your own lamp and know the hazards. The infrared lamp from S2 has all the safety features so that none of these things can happen and a dimmer so that it never gets too hot.

Thanks Gigi.........

I wouldnt dream of making a lamp up....my desk lamp is bloody hot enough as it is lol

Latest posts

Back