Minx infrared lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
hi there,

i have spent alot of money in getting the minx .. but now i need a lamp, there is only on ebay that just keeps going up and up and up and it ends in another 24 hours so I have seen on amazon that i can get a infrared lamp 150 watt for cheaper..

will this work?

xx

Hi

I bought a Phillips infraphil heat lamp for £10 from ebay, while it is a bit fidly it works perfectly as I am a mobile nail tech and don't want to carry the minx lamp everywhere.

S

what watt is that for the bulb? i know glam lash have one for £40 then post and packagein on that .. it is really nice but if i can get one half the price than that i would rather do that too as i need to buy more minx and more lashes and nail stuff lol arggg!! xx

I bought a 150watt lamp from amazon its made by medisina for £25, had to alter the base so that it doesn't blind my clients but have only done 1 set so far and think they are lasting well. You just need enough heat to melt the glue so it will stick-I grudged spending all that money on a minx-it is too bulky for my liking. Hope this helps. XX

The medisana lamp from amazon is realy good, plus you can buy replacement bulbs, what I do is I plug it in before prep and bye time I go to heat minx its boiling and the minx "melts" in a couple seconds. Love it and minx lasts ages so no problems with it so far xxxx

I bought the expensive one from Sweet Squared but I am so glad I did. It is so easy to move around to do fingers and toes and is hot immediately. It attached perfectly to my table and is really light. You need to check how many hours the bulbs last as some go alot quicker than others and can end up costing you more.

Quick question while we are talking about Minx, when someone has no free edge I was thinking cutting minx down with scissors or clippers but prob be hard to file after this does everyone file minx or will cutting it be a good enough seal? XX

I have the Medisana lamp which is great and does the job but to be honest if I could stretch to the real thing I would get it. Probably a bit more fiddly to carry around if you are mobile but to be honest I think having a lamp that positions exactly where you want it would cut down the application time considerably in my opinion. Like I say the Medisana lamp is fine but I find I have to hold it in position to direct it to heat adequately.

I bought the expensive one from Sweet Squared but I am so glad I did. It is so easy to move around to do fingers and toes and is hot immediately. It attached perfectly to my table and is really light. You need to check how many hours the bulbs last as some go alot quicker than others and can end up costing you more.

Me too, except I got mine from the Fingertips Centre. I love it! I'm mobile and don't mind carrying it about. I carry it in a holdall with the elbow sticking out a bit. I love that I can control the output as some people find it too hot but others don't.

I got the Medisana one from Chemist Direct - I'm mobile and it's great coz it's small enough to fit in a box with other bits.

well i use a desk lamp lol.... £4.99 with the minx bulb...£10.99 i am saving for the minx light but ive just bougt shellac :D it works fine x

well i use a desk lamp lol.... £4.99 with the minx bulb...£10.99 i am saving for the minx light but ive just bougt shellac :D it works fine x

As in a office type desk lamp? are u using the 250watt minx bulb?

Im curious! i keep having something else to pay out but the desk lamp i use is a bendy one and if i knew i cud just put in a infrared bulb id do it that way too!

Where did you order the minx bulb? S2?

Does it feel hot on the client's skin? (I am concerned about the possibility of burning someone with sensitive skin...)

Latest posts

Back