Minx leftovers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work katmoz x

Why not cut shapes out of leftovers? Eg cut moons from metallic and put under Shellac, use paper hole punchers and have little shapes ready for quick nail art.

OMG fab tip that is such a good idea!!!

I am Loving the new Minx sizes! Lets face it theres hardly ever a time you are not going to need to cut them. I get tons more from them now. Plus there is no faff of ordering for toes or fingers.
Well done Minx! Thumbs up from me.

Yeah it looks fab.
Still trying to get mine on here. There must be more ideas of what you can do on feet when you have 6 sheets of leopard minx left and no big toes??
I had a lady yesterday who would have been perfect for the number 2 minx of the 2nd sheet design they did but instead I had to use the number 1 minx on the latest sheets and cut loads off it. Now I have a full sheet left of the leopard minx and it will go to waste because I haven't got any more big toes. I haven't had a client yet that I can use the number 2 size of the new sheets for thier big toes.

I couldn't agree more with this post they really need another one for big toes!! Has anyone asked s2 about this? Xx

I'm sure they could manufacture and sell a sheet of big toes. I'm liking the hole punch idea thought. Think a trip to hobbycraft is in order :)

Selling sheets of just big toes is a really good idea I have a few designs that have now just the smaller sizes but not big enough for big toes!!

I am Loving the new Minx sizes! Lets face it theres hardly ever a time you are not going to need to cut them. I get tons more from them now. Plus there is no faff of ordering for toes or fingers.
Well done Minx! Thumbs up from me.

What about toes? Do you get tons more out of them for toes?

Hi,

My Avatar is using up minx. I love using them up as tips under liquid and powder - fiddly but clients love it. I have found you can't "infill" over the metallics designs though.

The pic of the red fingers and sailor minx are absolutely gorgeous - can I ask do you Shellac over the top please or just leave it minx?

Also can't wait to get some hole punchers - what a great idea. Thank you all.

JES x

PS Don't know how to attach pic so please click on Avatar to view. x

A full sheet of big toes!!!!!!! Wow how good would that be.
Perhaps someone with a link to the ptb could find out about this?
xx

Hi,

My Avatar is using up minx. I love using them up as tips under liquid and powder - fiddly but clients love it. I have found you can't "infill" over the metallics designs though.

The pic of the red fingers and sailor minx are absolutely gorgeous - can I ask do you Shellac over the top please or just leave it minx?

Also can't wait to get some hole punchers - what a great idea. Thank you all.

JES x

PS Don't know how to attach pic so please click on Avatar to view. x

Yes I shellac the minx xx

I'm sure they could manufacture and sell a sheet of big toes. I'm liking the hole punch idea thought. Think a trip to hobbycraft is in order :)

I love the idea of one size sheets! I think, as you say, that a sheet of big toe size would sell so well and would make it easier to use all the small leftovers.
I minxed someone the other day, and apart from her big toes, all of her other toes were size 7.......it was a nightmare as I had to do so much cutting.

I 'Minx & Match with Shellac' using my left overs.

My Minx and shellac are priced the same at £25 each and i was going to charge the same for 'Minx and Match with Shellac' but after thinking about it, it does take up extra time??? but at the same time the client is doing me a favor and using up my leftovers and im saving on the shellac. Something for me to think about!

Attachments

• Minx Toes Mix.jpg
    Minx Toes Mix.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,503
I 'Minx & Match with Shellac' using my left overs.

My Minx and shellac are priced the same at £25 each and i was going to charge the same for 'Minx and Match with Shellac' but after thinking about it, it does take up extra time??? but at the same time the client is doing me a favor and using up my leftovers and im saving on the shellac. Something for me to think about!

ooo i like that saying " Minx n Match " lol

Wow cant wait for my lamp and minx to come ordered from sweet sq today !! totally fab idea on cutting shape and mixing with shellac sorry but do you apply minx under top coat of shallac if so do i need to leave sticky layer ??? sorry to be dumb but ordered today both shellac starter kit and my minx poor master card xxxxx burnt up today big time !!!:)

Have you tried turning the minx sideways? I get much more out of the pack by doing this, obviously cannot do for all designs but u can for quite a few x

Love the idea of Minx and Match!!! So going to try this on me.
I have tried turning the mix sideways but my clients must have extra long nails as the minx is always far too short for the nail bed.
xx

I'm doing the shellac course in Leigh next month having already done Minx! Can't wait!

Just a bit stuck on using the odd leftover in a Shellac manicure...
With Minx not lasting as well on hands will it still last a full two weeks with just a shellac topcoat? Or would you do a full shellac colour underneath, place the Minx then another shellac topcoat? So then if it comes off the client will still have a full 2 week Shellac. Eek I'm confusing myself! 

Thanks xx

I'm doing the shellac course in Leigh next month having already done Minx! Can't wait!

Just a bit stuck on using the odd leftover in a Shellac manicure...
With Minx not lasting as well on hands will it still last a full two weeks with just a shellac topcoat? Or would you do a full shellac colour underneath, place the Minx then another shellac topcoat? So then if it comes off the client will still have a full 2 week Shellac. Eek I'm confusing myself! 

Thanks xx
I don't do minx manicures only do pedicures. I sometimes put Minx over enhanced ring fingers and 1 x coat of shellac top coat and this worked/lasted. Last time i used lumos topcoat but that was only the other day so i don't know how long its lasted yet.
You could try it on a couple of your own nails. If they are natural, leave a small margin of natural nail around the sidewalls then top it off with shellac 1 x basecoat and 1 x topcoat making sure you seal the minx by covering the margin with shellac.

Latest posts

Back