Minx lifting on fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boopsie

Reaction score
:confused:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem as my friend and I.
Am loving the minx on toes which is lasting 5 weeks and above.
HOWEVER fingers are another story. Free edge lifting by second day!!
We spoke to the trainer to make sure we were doing it correctly, also someone recommended capping the free edge with clear gel which did last a little longer but not really good enough.
Does anyone know the answer?? In the meantime I am refusing to do hands, until I have a solution.

Thanku XX

Im still having the same problem. I have asked this on here and was told in certain terms to look at the other posts! Still keep looking and still found no solutions so unfortuantly i have also stopped doing it on the fingers which is a real shame as i love them and they are wonderful on the toes. If you find a solution please let me know. Sorry i was no help.xx

Have you looked in the Minx group...? might be some help there... http://www.salongeek.com/groups/minx+lovers+!!!!.html

What i am doing is being really honest with clients....then the choice is up to them...I tell them that Minx will last ages on toes with no problems...but due to how we use our hands Minx on fingers wont last the same way...and for that reason its something that is best saved for a special occasion...and not for everyday wear. Its that something special like a pair of new shoes to match that new dress for that occasion where you want the "wow" factor. I make it all sound very positive....I don't guarantee it...its their choice...and so far its worked...:)

Hiya Ladies

Im finding exactly the same thing and I have been told that its down to me not prepping or doing it correctly. My toes are still on 5 weeks later but fingers are lifting, have now done fingers on 4 different people in my family and they all had the same thing happen. I have made sure the Minx is not touching the skin so shouldnt lift but it still does. I did cap with acrygel and it lasted longer but I have also decided to not do fingers at the moment and only do toes, it is a shame but I cant see people paying for it to be on for 2 days and then complaining.

If you find a answer to this let us all know.

Jo x x

Sorry to hear there is a problem with Minx on fingers, but I am glad you guys are posting the issues. I have been thinking about giving that a go, but now that I hear this, not so sure. One thing that comes to my mind from reading what is going on is that this sounds a lot similar as to how polish wears. Polish on toes wears for weeks, while on fingers, not so much. I've deduced it to the fact that we don't do anything with our toes and our hands do all the work!! So in doing so much with our hands, why would we expect these things to stay on?? Thanks for sharing your concerns, it helps those of us who have been contemplating make a better informed decision.

Honestly longevity really does depend on the wearer. There is nothing other than wear and tear that would make the difference in them lasting on the fingers.

With care a week sometimes 2 but the way people are and the way they never take responsibility for anything that they do to their nails, I would tell them that Minx are short term on fingernails ... suggest they have them for a special event or night out but not to expect them to put up with hard work and no care and the constant fiddling that peeps do with them. They can't resist checking to see if the ends are still stuck and in checking they unstick them ...

I did wear my minx on my enhanced nails for just short of 3 weeks ... I knew they weren't perfect at the end of that time, but no one else could tell anything other than that they looked great.

I think it is always best to just be truthful ... if clients are told that Minx is short term wear on fingernails then they will probably do really well with them ... if you promise longevity they will have them off in days!!

Feet are a different story. Most do well for at least 4 weeks and some much longer.

I haven't yet done a set of minx on fingers on there own yet but i did minx tips under l&p on fingers and they lasted really well, minx on toes well thats another story, i have a couple of clients who love minx and have them done regularly, their minx on their toes lasts just over 7 weeks!! Its great, they love the attention they get when wearing them and are now completely addicted!!:lol:
Jo.Xx

i received mine today and gonna give it ago tmoz but picking up on what geeg said .... just under 3 weeks on her enhancements .... maybe they would last longer over enhancements as most people take a bit more care of their hands when they have had their nails done. hence the minx then having more care. I think that nno of minx will be taken for granted like polish and so just doest last as long. this is just my opinion guys xx

Latest posts

Back