Minx not taken off in my area...giving up!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a little TLC

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I have spent lots of time and money on Minx in the past few months but it has not taken off very well in my area, so thinking of selling all my Minx equipment.

I have done a fair number of toes and fingers and the results have been great and I love the professional look they give and the versatility with just a little imagination.

Am I being to hasty? I have NO bookings for Minx for Xmas/new year when they should be flying out the door!

I use Bio Sculpture and am so busy with that system.
I thought i might see if I can recoup some cash by selling the Minx stuff.

What do you think?

Tina

Last edited:
Yes I totally think you are! It's winter for one. A few months is not enough to market effectively when the product is new in winter ... assuming that you are really marketing the service.

Different story if you were up and running with Minx already ... then clients want it all through the winter months but to start on a cold territory in winter ... I'd be smart and wait at least until next winter.

I think, like Shellac, Minx requires you target a specific clientel.
Also, a lot of promo'ing, like Shellac because it's soooo new in comparison to regular enhancement services (l&p, gel, wraps)

I don't know what kind of advertising you've done, but I'm inclined to think it's a tad premature to ditch it all so soon, after only a few months.

I know when I first started advertising my services, I didn't get a single bite. I was really down about it. Then I redid my flyers, gave them a whole new look. And WHAMMO.... had many phone calls. Although my services were the same, it was all in how the advertising appeared to the people reading them.

Take advantage of the publicity in place of celebrities wearing minx. Use it, and make mention on your Facebook or website of it.
Refer to it in flyers "as worn by so-n-so"
Keep words to a minimum, and use 'power-words'. Use images.
You want people to see what you're offering at a quick glance AND be attracted by a quick glance. You want them to look at it and go "Ohhh I want to learn more about this"

Advertising is a very tricky beast.

Try to offer a reduced rate to a few key people working in the public: bank teller, hairdresser, store-retail clerk, waitress, etc... and ask them to spread the word. Give them a handful of cards, tell them to write their name on it so that when new prospects show up, you to know to whom to give the credit of the referral and you can pay back with a loyalty program of XYZ for every 5 that book an appointment.

hth's and good luck
:hug:

i ordered a lot of minx a few months ago and it hasnt taken off in my area as much as i thought it would either. but i agree with the previous post wait until summer. im sure when people want pretty toes for the summer minx will start flying.

I assumed everyone else would love it as much as i do and im sure they will in time.

Ive tried recently offering discount minx parties just to showcase them to people who wouldnt have seen them before and the response is picking up. try wearing it yourself as well. i found people were more intersted when they saw it on me.

Dont give up x :)

In summer it will be flying out the door and you won't be able to keep up. Stick with it. I love Minx.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Dont sell!!! It can only take a matter of a couple of weeks for word to be spread once someone has loved it. It was not heard of in my town by customers until Septmeber, and then that was it within a couple of weeks everyone was minx crazy! And yes winter is probably another reason. If you sell then it takes off you will regret it if you can get hold of the products again if they go out of stock like they did in the summer x

Noooooo! Don't give up yet!

I started doing Minx in May and, yes it has been quiet for a couple of months, but look at the weather, I'm not getting my toes out in this and I wear it all of the time!

Wait a few months and even if it's not popuar for Christmas/New Year, just wait until March/April and it'll be a lot busier.

Minx your finger nails and get out and show them off, I wear minx most of the time on my fingers and it is always a show stopper and when people ask about them you can give them a card, works for me.
Defiantly don't give up, Minx some high profile folk on their fingers so that others can see them.
Just a suggestion, sorry I dont know your area but how about setting your self up in a corner of a wine bar or something similar and have a ladies minx evening advertise a week before hand, minx the barmaid/man!!! and have your self a minxy christmas!! ( seriously, dont give up!)

Latest posts

Back