MINX over L & P enhancements.. any advice??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ang S :-)

Reaction score
hello fellow geeks
Im new to this fab world of salongeek & its my first time to do this....:lol:

I've been using MINX on natural nails (both fingers & toes) and absolutely love it - cant get enough!!

My question is, when applying MINX over L & P enhancements, how much filing / finishing should I do before applying MINX?? I use all CND products..

I done a set tonight for my friend, I sculpted L & P enhancements, finished with 180 abrasive, 240 side of koala then 1200 side of koala, applied MINX then solar oil.
My friend text me when she was home and said the MINX was coming away from a couple of the nails at the free edge.:cry:

Any advice would be grately appreciated :hug: x.x.x

I would think it was probably the fact that you applied Solar Oil prior to application this would in my opinion prevent the minx from adhering to the enhancement in places.

There are a few things that can cause the Minx to come away at the free edge.

Not heating the Minx enough prior to application.
Not cooling the Minx enough after applicaion.
Filing the free edge with too harsh an abrasive.

Take your pick as you know what you have done or not done.

I tried a couple of minx on my own enhancements on fingers, I put a gel topcoat on one (as a wee experiment) and just left the other. The one i left came away after a few days, which i put down to doing nails all day, the gel top coat one was on for 3 weeks before i took it off and it was perfect.

Thanks for sharing your experiment. Question, do you think the gel topcoat had any effect on the minx finish? Make it any more or less blingy?

Im finally getting the edges pretty smooth, but definately not smooth enough for most people to keep them on three weeks. What seems to be happening is I do them, they look lovely, they leave the salon and pull off the Minx (against my instructions) after 5-8 days because "they felt raggedy on the edges".

Granted, these are the people I am practicing on. So they are getting Minx at an extremely discounted rate and a lot of them are not people who usually get their nails done, so they probably pick more than people who are used to nails. Y'know?

The gel topcoat definately doesnt affect the shine.:hug:

Just thought I would chime in here. Minx can slightly shrink back on enhancements if you don't SIZE UP to take into account the apex. I am sporting the purple swirls on my toes and I have to say they last forever on toes.

I have realsied that the S2 3.0.0 doesn't show the designs as well as when you see them face to face. The silver and gold are shown as they really are we need to do this for them all I think.

I have discovered that many are amazing on but you have to try. I turned my nose up at the ones I am wearing until I saw them on so you have to be brave!

I saw in someones gallery some really flower power minx and they looked amazing...had i seen them in the packet i don't think i would have thought they looked so great....but they do.

The lime green, lemon and orange 'summery' Minx are fab with bright mules or flip flops. :)

there's also the stipy red 112-06-060 that look brilliant AND... the caramel hounds tooth 112-06-116 looks incredible on with a suit in camel or black - super stylish!! The purple ones I have on are 06-081 and Fiona says that the Skater Art 11-006 looks brilliant too.

You just gotta try!! Great to hear the feedback. Minx was mentioned on RADIO 1 today by Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas - she said she has 'designer' nails by MINX and they are her favorite accessory... ON THE RADIO!! Wicked!!! :!:

Just been watching American Pop Idol and Fergie was on there and she had Minx on, they looked FAB!!!
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I was invited to Tevian (distributor in Valencia) yesterday to give a class (in Spanish :Scared:) for Minx and PopIts and the educators I was teaching were blown away. They were so excited by all the business possibilities for technicians etc. It was a sheer pleasure to teach them. Loved every minute AND they understood me. I learned LOADS yesterday and that always gives me such a buzz.

I wore the silver fishnets on my fingers when i worked at the radio one big weeked and had so many comments!!! Even Kelly Rowland commented on then when i was taking a picture of her with my boyfriend!!!:lol:

I did give her a business card!!!lol:wink2:

Latest posts

Back