Minx removal charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Quick question.

I do minx and Shellac both at 25.00.

I charge 5 for removal of Shellac or free with a re-shellac.

Do you advise charging for Minx removal also?

Thankyou

Hiya,
Have never had anyone ask me to remove minx. They either get them off when they get new ones or peel them off themselves:)

Hi Guys

Quick question.

I do minx and Shellac both at 25.00.

I charge 5 for removal of Shellac or free with a re-shellac.

Do you advise charging for Minx removal also?

Thankyou

Hi, I would most certainly advise clients to NOT remove them themselves as this will damage the nail plate.

I would wrap the same as Shellac for the same amount of time and yes, I would charge the same

Hope this helps x

Ah ok, Im sure theyre meant to be removed using the map though or doesnt it damage your nails? Please do correct me if I am wrong though.

Thanks for your reply :)

Minx are heated and gently peeled off from sidewall to sidewall.

No problem for clients to take them off themselves and so long as they are warmed up (a hair dryer is perfect for this) and removed from side to side there will be no damage to the natural nail.

I remove free if applying new Minx or clients remove them.

Hi, I would most certainly advise clients to NOT remove them themselves as this will damage the nail plate.

I would wrap the same as Shellac for the same amount of time and yes, I would charge the same

Hope this helps x

Did you mean to write that you would wrap Minx for removal?

With the correct aftercare - as provided by Baggy in her post above - the client can indeed safely remove her own Minx.

I do offer a removal service for Minx, Shellac and BioSculpture and charge £20.00.

This is for removal, tidy up of cuticle and nails and solar oil.

I charge £5.00 to remove prior to re-application.

Hope this helps x

Minx definately does not require a wrap to be removed! As the others have stated, it is perfectly ok for clients to remove it themselves under heat, (as its heat activated). So under a hairdryer or in a warm bath is fine, and solar oil applied afterwards.

How would you remove Minx if you had put a layer of soak off gel over it to help prolong it on fingers? Would you still be able to pull it off with just heating it up or would you need to wrap?

How would you remove Minx if you had put a layer of soak off gel over it to help prolong it on fingers? Would you still be able to pull it off with just heating it up or would you need to wrap?
If you have applied a soak off gel or topcoat then you would need to soak that off yes.

Just wondering (as I've never had minx) if you have to be careful when you are having a warm bath as it could come off...if this is a way of removing that is?

I have only ever removed minx to re-apply it so I don't charge. I tell my clients that if they want to remove it then do so in hot bath and I suggest they purchase a pinky bottle of solar oil to put on after as the nails can be a little dry.
There's no reson your clients can't do this themselves in my opinion. If clients can do these things themselves you will find they will anyway. It's best to explain the correct way of doing it x

I usually remove minx myself as do my clients. I tell them to hear them up 1st or I pull mine off while in the bath! X

Just wondering (as I've never had minx) if you have to be careful when you are having a warm bath as it could come off...if this is a way of removing that is?

Minx will not just come off in the bath.

If you heat them up and pick them they will come off, if you have a bath and leave them alone they will stay put.

In my aftercare it asks clients to gently smooth over their Minx after a bath to ensure it is well stuck and smooth on the toes.

Thanks baggybear x

We always use Shellac on top of Minx on fingers, it lasts a lot longer this way and this is why we wrap them xx

Latest posts

Back