Minx, Shellac, Dashing Diva

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyjane

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at introducing new nail products to my clients. I was going to go with Shellac, but after reading lots of different threads on lots of different products i'm now confused. I currently offer Calgel which I will continue to offer.

I really like the idea of Shellac if I purchased their salon rack (when back in stock) will I need to buy prep products separatly? and will I need a lamp or will my 36w lamp I use for Calgel be suffient?

With regards to Minx I was interested to know if any one offers Minx and Shellac and which is their most popular product out of the two as I can currently only afford one or the other.

And then to confuse myself further I have just noticed Dashing Diva on sweet squared which I have never heard off, so how does this compare to Shellac?

Or can anyone advise of any other nail systems? As I have also come across threads re Gellish.

You help and advice is much appreciated and i'm off to search for threads on dashing divas.

xxxxxx

Hiya - I have managed to offer all 3 on a budget. My best seller by far currently is Dashing Diva with Shellac over the top!

When clients see my silver lightnening toes though they want them too!! I keep a stock of the popular Minx (gold/silver/cheetah) cost me about £30 for a couple of each and I bought the lamp and file. Minx lasts much longer on toes - I've had mine on 5 weeks and no sign of them shifting:green:

Dashing Diva are very easy to apply - I hate doing smile lines as I'm such a perfectionist! Then I sell the Shellac on top for long life. :)
DD are only £30 plus vat and are very lucrative (From S2)

I bought Shellac top and base and 4 or 5 colours. Now I will order some more. I did all this on quite a small budget and making it back within 3/4 weeks. You need 100% isopropol alcohol (from S2) also for the inhibition layer. I also do a dry prep after reading Geeg's fab tutorial. HTH!

I really like the idea of Shellac if I purchased their salon rack (when back in stock) will I need to buy prep products separatly? and will I need a lamp or will my 36w lamp I use for Calgel be suffient? Yes & yes, you will need to buy the prep products & the lamp, the salon rack kit contains top,base, some colours, a display rack, remover packs, you will need to buy; d-sperse, cuticle away, lint pads, d-solve, additional colours that are not in the rack kit.

With regards to Minx I was interested to know if any one offers Minx and Shellac and which is their most popular product out of the two as I can currently only afford one or the other.

And then to confuse myself further I have just noticed Dashing Diva on sweet squared which I have never heard off, so how does this compare to Shellac? Dashing divas are not comparable to Shellac as its a different thing all together, they are for sticking on the top part of the nail to create a perfect smile line, they come in two thicknesses, & you can buy a DD kit which doesnt cost much, these can be used with shellac too or alone in a french manicure.

Or can anyone advise of any other nail systems? As I have also come across threads re Gellish.

You help and advice is much appreciated and i'm off to search for threads on dashing divas.

xxxxxx[/QUOTE]

I would go for MINX for your salon out of the two product choices. You already offer your Calgel coloured gels so Minx would be a perfect new and exciting thing to offer your pedicure clients or your non picking nail clients!! lol

DD is a way of applying a perfect French manicure that is already dry .. if you can do French by hand to a good standard then again I would choose MINX over DD in the salon at this time. HTH

Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it. Think I am going to stretch my budget and go for minx and shellac. Don't think I will be going for dashing diva I didn't realise what it was when I saw it on thier website.
Thanks again
Going to have a look at some tutorials now on these products.

Xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back