Minx-so many designs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding minx to my list of treatments, but am unsure of how to offer a wide selection from the outset.
There are SO many designs and to buy them all straight away would be very expensive.
How do you mobile geeks go about it. Do you simply select a few and then slowly build up, or order in when a booking is made (although no good for late bookings)?

Thanks

If you call S2 they can tell you the 10 most popular that is a good place to start then I keep them in a photo album ( the type with the stickyish peel pages then the clients can flick through :)

I find that any of the metalic ones do well and the new holagraphic and the ruby red will be big hits this christmass I think.

S2 also have made a book that has some fab celebrity with minx photos as well as all the patterns I keep a copy in my photo album with the minx that eat the client can see other patterns ect and if they want pre order the next one :)

I only ever stock about 5 at a time, the most popular ones. And then keep the book handy for people to look through then I order what I need. Bear in mind if you are ordering take a deposit! I didnt at first and a few people cancelled and I was left with their design! 1 of them Im still left with 2 months later as nobody else wants it!

What designs do you all find most popular? x

My most popular have been gold and silver lightning, pink cheetah and hippy chick flowers. Whats yours?

I dont offer Minx at the moment but am seriously thinking about doing so, I have read many threads on it today & watched some videos on you tube, to try & get some of my questions answered :)
Do you find it a popular treatment?
Do you do more fingers or toes?
How long does it take to do a set of minx?
x:hug:x

Last edited:
most popular is gold lightning and all silver and all sparkle ones! i have minx 10 in stock . i tell customers i can order and leave a deposit . or use a design i already have, i was also bitten . i ordered 5 Aztec for a teen party and they canceled !!! i still have them....:mad:

My mst popular have been the pink cheetah (really popular) silver lightening, hippy chick flowers, gold lightening and silver fishnet.

I just carry the most popular designs and a few more to choose from to give the illusion of choice but they never choose those and always go with the same few.

Do you carry these designs in both fingers & toes? x

I only buy for toes as 90% of the time its toes thats requested for me. They tend to fit for fingers well and if they dont its easier to trim for fingers for one set than have stock for fingers that I might not use.

I have about 20 designs at any one time, usually 2-3 sheets of most popular as well,,which for me are gold silver lightening, cheetah pink an mettalic however pink not so much and autumn coming,,, hippy chick but again,,not so much.

I never order specific patterns as I have found that they change their mind and I am then left with that specific pattern. I do suggest to new clients I have 20 designs to choose from all of which are the top ones, if she/he wants specific I would require payment plus P&P up front,,,usually go with choosing on day.

I work out my overheads by how much per service per day and put that away,, so for example say if I had £200 in my purse at end of day I work out how much I have spent approx on products etc and put about that much away so when I need to re order the money is there and at end of week my wage is there for food and bills:irked: but with bit left over for fun things haha.

Minx shellac and tanning are my best earners, however enhancments are my passion, and they prob are the one service I charge waaaay to low for. I can get 3 sets of minx toes out of one sheet and takes approx 30min to perform,,,thats a third of time but nearly same price less cost product than what it is for L&P rebalance:eek::eek:

xxx

Would some of you mind please answering a few questions?
What is the RRP for minx?
How long do you book out to do each set?
How long do you tell the client they will/should last?
How do you add crystals to the finished design?

Katie - that is really good getting 3 sets out of 1 sheet (do you have any tips to help do that?) & you only take 30 mins to do a set too, that seems really quick, have you been using minx for long?

What is the RRP for minx?l
The recommended service price is from 25.00

How long do you book out to do each set?
I book 30-40 minutes

How long do you tell the client they will/should last?
For toes minimum 3-4 weeks

How do you add crystals to the finished design?
You glue them on!

Katie - that is really good getting 3 sets out of 1 sheet (do you have any tips to help do that?) & you only take 30 mins to do a set too, that seems really quick, have you been using minx for long?

It is not unusual to get 3 sets of toes out of one sheet of Minx. If you are just applying Minx then 30 minutes is not an unrealistic time.j

Thank you very much Gigi :hug:

When you glue the crystals on the minx, do you need to seal them in with a top coat? Shellac top coat?

How long do you tell the client they will/should last on the fingers? x

I take about 40 minutes to do toes but this includes cuticle away too as I find toes tougher to just push them back quite often. I allow an hour though as I'm mobile so have to set up and pack away too.

I charge £25 for toes and £20 for fingers.

I only buy sheets in toes as I rarely get asked to do fingers.

I just use gelbond to glue diamontes on and have one client who has not lost a single one 3 weeks on, I didnt put anything over the top.

I tell clients about 3-4 weeks for their toes and 3 days for fingers. Most are happy with this and most easily exceed this.

I am slowly finding minx getting busier but its taking time through word of mouth mainly, people are seeing it on someone else then wanting it.

Thank you very much Chocolatepickle :hug:

I have just booked my Minx training today,:) so am just getting all my bits from sweet squared, I would like to get a nice little collection of designs but dont know how many to get :confused:
How many designs do you have in at any one time for toes & fingers?
Is there any designs you would recommend to get 2 of?

I'm not very good with self control so usually add 1 of a new design to my shopping basket when I order, I like to have a nice big selection!
I always have at least 2 of gold and silver lightning, pink cheetah and hippy flowers as so far they are my most popular.
If I only have one design and some of it it gets used I buy another one in my next order- so I'll have what evers not used from the first sheet plus a new sheet. Then if one becomes more popular I'll order more next time- I play it by ear really.
I dont think there is an awful lot of people/places in Essex doing minx so I'm sure you'll do well once word gets around.
I think I only have one design in for fingers as I cut the toes if need be.
You'll love minx! I never wear anything else on my toes now- I just couldnt bare to have plain old polish any more! :hug:

Ha ha, that makes two of us with the "no self control" :lol:
I have just placed my first order for Minx & have ordered 14 toe designs & 5 finger designs.
I want to have a large selection for my clients too, I will have a little play around when I get my lamp (gone for the new black one) & bits, then show clients the designs from the book & buy more (if needed) when I do my training in 3 weeks.
I work in East London (live in Essex) I have tried googling Minx in Essex & East london & surprisingly not many come up!
Thank for your help x:hug:x

Ha ha, that makes two of us with the "no self control" :lol:
I have just placed my first order for Minx & have ordered 14 toe designs & 5 finger designs.
I want to have a large selection for my clients too, I will have a little play around when I get my lamp (gone for the new black one) & bits, then show clients the designs from the book & buy more (if needed) when I do my training in 3 weeks.
I work in East London (live in Essex) I have tried googling Minx in Essex & East london & surprisingly not many come up!
Thank for your help x:hug:x

Have you got a copy of the Minx training video? If not I'd be happy to send it to you. You must email me with your S2 membership number. gigirouse@ gmail.com. Then I will send it.

Have you got a copy of the Minx training video? If not I'd be happy to send it to you. You must email me with your S2 membership number. gigirouse@ gmail.com. Then I will send it.

Thank you Gigi, I will email you now x:hug:x

Latest posts

Back