Minx toes help please! Arghhhh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandchick

Reaction score
Hello I've just started doing minx. Have done 5 sets now, just on toes, and with my last 2 today I just couldn't get one pinky nail to take! Even started again with new minx and still couldn't make it work! I'm sure my cuticle prep was fine and I made sure the nails were clean. Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
Many thanks xx

This is just a thought as I had it with one client. Were her feet cold? I had a lady who had freezing cold feet and had real difficulty getting them to stick until I warmed her feet with hot dry towels, and they went on fine and stayed. :)

I did have this problem on a pinky that hardly had any nail - I used a little nail adhesive and it lasted quite well

Thank you for your reply. Hmm don't think she was cold, the heat lamp was over the toes but maybe the pinky ones were curled under. Will have another try...
thanks xx

Ahh, nail adhesive! Never thought of that, actually did think about a spot of nail polish on instead of Minx! The toenail wasn't tiny there was actual nail there.:confused:

Hi, did you use scrub fresh to dehydrate the nail plate for better adhesion? It lasts for approx 20 mins so maybe if your application took a little longer than that before you got to the pinky, it might be worth going over it again before applying your minx?
xx

Thank you will be making sure the scrubfresh is, well, fresh! And will go over the nail again. Thanks again x

HI, if you are still experiencing problems, you can also use Nail Prep as this also creates the perfect base for Minx. Sometimes, usually when there is very little nail present, it can be difficult to get Minx on to little toe nails. However, in this instance, it doesn't sound like this applies. Make sure you do not touch the Minx to your skin, always use a pair of tweezers or the end of your hoof stick to 'pick up' the Minx from the backing sheet. Also, if you have applied the Minx, it hasn't stuck as expected and you have re-tried the adhesion is going to be compromised. Because you've then used a new set of Minx this also cancels out that theory but it may have also made the new set of Minx not adhere either. Sorry, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but hopefully some of this has helped. :idea:

Thank you KatsKlaws, appreciate all your help and suggestions, just want to perfect it before I start to offer it on my treatment list :hug:
I had a check of the last one I did today and the pinkies were fine! The big toes were slightly ragged underneath though but she seemed thrilled with them :biggrin: So I'm going to make sure I've completely smoothed the free edge and keep practising xx

Latest posts

Back