MINX training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
I am thinking about training in Minx nails but wondered how much people charge for this treatment and if it is profitable or time consuming? Laura x

I do it, find it takes me about 45mins at the minute and quite fiddly sizing up and stuff. The Minx itself is quite expensive so i'm not sure if its worth keeping it on my price list to be honest.

For the number of applications you can get from one sheet I don't think it's expensive.

How many do you get from one sheet? I am using one sheet per client

I am thinking about training in Minx nails but wondered how much people charge for this treatment and if it is profitable or time consuming? Laura x

I charge £27 for Minx and tbh it's really profitable for me. I take about 45 mins per set and even accounting for the cost of the Minx it is definitely profitable - what other service can you do in under an hour and charge £27 for?

I think those who aren't making a profit have under-priced it. I can get 2 or 3 sets of Minx out of 1 sheet (depending on pattern, some are single use) and even when I only get 1 out of a sheet I still make a good profit.

IME Minx clients are very loyal - they love the patterns and how well it wears so rebook regularly for it. I do Minx all year round and it's a significant part of my business. Clients know it by name and look for a tech doing it. I had a lady travel 35 miles each way for me to Minx her toes because there were no tech's local to her doing it. More fool them IMO.

thanks very much for all your comments, i think i will train as the salon near me has just started doing it, need to keep up with the competition lol! x

we charge £20 for minxed toes and can get upto four sets of toes from one sheet depending on the design and size of toes!!!!!:lick: try not to get too much wastage when cutting out and sizing up!!!

I offer minx too and I have wrote on here before how im so frustrated that my local town and market town charge £13.00 and £16.00 per set!!!! It takes me about 50-55 minutes to do, so charging £16.00 is a sin really but what am I to do! I get two & half sets from each sheet too. I think if you can charge £20 or over its worth doing, (Vetty your very lucky in your position, its all down to area I think.
I'm tempted to call my local salons and ask if we all work together in increasing our prices to a sensible price we would all be happy. Sweet Squared rrp for minx is £20 and above.
thanks geeks xx

this is probably going to seem a bit of a silly question, but how on earth do you get more than 1 set of hands from 1 sheet?

i am thinking of offering it but having watched videos on youtube on application i thought there was alot of waste, but if i can get 2 sets per sheet id be happy !

I really don't get a lot of call for Minx on hands. Mostly toes.

I just did a set of Minx toes today and used 6 minx from the sheet of 18!! I think Minx are very profitable considering that each client actually pays for the whole sheet so the next two sets are zero cost of goods for the technician. Come on Minxers .... these are terrific value if you cost them right in the first place.

we charge 20 for minx toes and they are catching on slowly, we are doing our utmost to push them, market them but to be honest they havent taken off in our area like I thought they would ( I am going to keep at it though) . I know of a few salons in our area charging 16 and 18 for them..... criminal really, and I get people asking me to price match. ( I decline).

I wish the other salons would stop charging silly prices and put them up but hey ! thats the way it is.

You can be dead canny with your cutting and get AT LEAST one set of fingers and one set of toes from each set. Toes only - up to 4 sets.

I charge 20 for each, and toes are flting out the door at the moment.

I am finding the more I do the quicker I am getting so it will allow me to start been a bit more careful with the cutting out and my aim will be to get 3 sets out of 1 sheet, at the moment i am getting 2
My local salon is charging £18 so I have done the same but put it as an intro offer normal price will be £20, I want shellac next!

Vicky

Latest posts

Back