Minx - what left me feeling quite shocked

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure it would. 99.9% of your wraps are opaque. As there is no covalent or mechanical bonding (as with enhancements), I would actually EXPECT to see greenies far more frequently. Furthermore, rebalancing would be a royal PITA :)

Don't take this the wrong way. Lol that was what I was saying what Samuel has said prev that it would not matter what product you encased as it would be getting the staying power from the gel or l&p rather than the minx or simlar wrap. I was actually being funny saying use cheap nail stickers lol obv the humor went unnoticed ha ha.

I was actually trying to say , do what works best quickest easiest xx

The only time I would do MINX on fingers would be either with an 'alert' to clients about them possibly not lasting too long on natural nails or under the acrylic on a tip - that way, they last as long as the growth of the nail - if that makes sense :)

FWIW, our Aussie friends have had great success using the Lumos Bottom Coat before applying Minx to fingers - however we haven't tested it enough yet as it hasn't launched.

The bottom line is that fingers are in solvents throughout the day and they are abused all day where toes are generally protected. Its one of the reasons why colour stays better on fingers than on toes.

HTHs!

dya mean better on toes than fingers?:confused:

If you applying Minx and they are coming off within a day or even 3....your doing it wrong and need more practise. You need to make sure you are doing a dry manicure before hand and have heated the minx with your minx heat. It could be your using a UV lamp or a hairdryer?im not sure?
but the main things to ensure you get a long lasting week to 2 week minx experience is to apply the correct heat to the minx before and during the manicure. HEAT PRESSURE HEAT PRESSURE...and makes sure theres no air bubbles which you can use an orange stick to gently rock from side to side to rid them. You need to create a seal remember. Its so simple! I dont understand why people have these problems!

I havnt used minx but I am wanting to start offering the service so I have read loads of threads and been looking at the minx group and, imo, the general Consensus is that although minx is beautiful it doesnt generally last 2 weeks on the average persons fingernails but can last 2 weeks or more on toes.

If I apply minx to fingers and they follow my homecare advice then they will always last 7-14 days depending, however if client goes away and ignores advice and for instance always has fingers in mouth, uses nails to clean inbetween teeth ( gross ) or generally thinking minx is indestructable then YES it will peel etc, I usually go by assesing how long a nail enamel lasts on clients, if they say it peels and chips in few days then im usually certain they will get the same out of minx as somewhere they are using there nails as tools or overexposure to water etc, clients whom can get 7-10 days out of there polish will usually be the same with minx, IMO I have found this true.

I find if I place pre sized minx onto nail plate in one firm swipe using pressure, more pressure then rubbing this works, I usually place then swipe across nail plate with thumb then press, kinda hard to explain. I never pull and always use heat again after all applied and then let cool and file away excess minx using long quick sweeps with a sharp minx file (gunked up one will not do) I also use my thin kanga sometimes.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back