Mistake on highlift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just say 'listen, I'm a hairdresser. I know the colour spectrum'

My 11 year old is soooo clued up it's mind boggling he watches a guy called Matthew santoro on utube all the time check it out it's nuts, that's what my sons like with his little nuggets of wisdom, a constant stream of endless facts...... I did get them a cracker the other day tho when I showed them how to make all the colours out there just using 4 colour paints.... Ha beat that kids 😜 "I'm a hairdresser, I know the spectrum" 😂

Not so sure about eye colour effecting vision apart from sensitivity to light, but there is one theory that the developement of cataracts in older people leads to an decrease in sesitivity to blue light, leading the 'blue hair brigade', which I find quite amusing.

I did also have a loverly elderly lady that always said her hair was too red, despite using pure ash on her hair. I don't see her anymore :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My 11 year old is soooo clued up it's mind boggling he watches a guy called Matthew santoro on utube all the time check it out it's nuts, that's what my sons like with his little nuggets of wisdom, a constant stream of endless facts...... I did get them a cracker the other day tho when I showed them how to make all the colours out there just using 4 colour paints.... Ha beat that kids 😜 "I'm a hairdresser, I know the spectrum" 😂

Hahaha!😂 were their heads baffled after you showed them? We're scientists!

Hahaha!😂 were their heads baffled after you showed them? We're scientists!

They did think I was pretty cool 😎

Not so sure about eye colour effecting vision apart from sensitivity to light, but there is one theory that the developement of cataracts in older people leads to an decrease in sesitivity to blue light, leading the 'blue hair brigade', which I find quite amusing.

I did also have a loverly elderly lady that always said her hair was too red, despite using pure ash on her hair. I don't see her anymore :(

Oh dear.......

N'aww:(

I know ;(

I also did a girl today....virgin hair..level 7...didn't want to bleach out her hair, yet wanted to be light blonde. I did wella high lift 12/1 and 12/81 equal amounts, roots to ends 45 mins..looked great, until it rinsed it off..still had red...looked like a strawberry blonde.
Coming back Monday...what to do???? Should I bleach out with wella cream bleach, or 30 min. Bleach ...don't want to do hi lights..will still have red
Any suggestions?

I also did a girl today....virgin hair..level 7...didn't want to bleach out her hair, yet wanted to be light blonde. I did wella high lift 12/1 and 12/81 equal amounts, roots to ends 45 mins..looked great, until it rinsed it off..still had red...looked like a strawberry blonde.
Coming back Monday...what to do???? Should I bleach out with wella cream bleach, or 30 min. Bleach ...don't want to do hi lights..will still have red
Any suggestions?

Is it a 10?

Haha well the first thing to consider is the sensation that you call colour is in your mind! When you 'experience' colour it is created in your brain when diffent light sensitive cells (called cones) in your retinas send signals to your brain.

Humans have three types of 'cones' (some animals have more and thus can 'see' a diffent range of colours).

Each cone is primarily responsive to the wavelengths of light that correspond with red, green and blue.

The problem is that at least two of these cones is actived every for every colour that we can see, meaning that if you were to plot every colour in the spectrum on a "map" either we wouldn't be able to 'see' the primary colours (since they would fall outside the boundaries of what we can see and thus imaginary) or if you take the furthest points within this 'map' you wouldn't encompase all of the colours that we can actually see, so those points can't be considered.

Mind blown! That is the most interesting piece of information I have read in a while.

In fact this entire thread is an education, hair colour is something I lack confidence in and threads like this really make me intrigued and want to learn more. Thanks for sharing this knowledge!

Opened new account. ..site wouldn't let me in
Anyway....no she's not a 10.. She's a reddish blonde...looks like strawberry blonde..looks more red than blonde...was just wondering if I should put bleach over a hi lift color...originally said...I. Don't want bleach on my head, but I want white...told her I needed to bleach her for her yo get that light...SO one of the girls I work with said use a hi lift...I should have went with my gut and just bleached her...now coming in Monday, like I said....what to do...her hair is very healthy ..only 18 years old

Opened new account. ..site wouldn't let me in

Anyway....no she's not a 10.. She's a reddish blonde...looks like strawberry blonde..looks more red than blonde...was just wondering if I should put bleach over a hi lift color...originally said...I. Don't want bleach on my head, but I want white...told her I needed to bleach her for her yo get that light...SO one of the girls I work with said use a hi lift...I should have went with my gut and just bleached her...now coming in Monday, like I said....what to do...her hair is very healthy ..only 18 years old

Well then if she's not a 10 your only option is bleach. Keep the percentage low, 1.9 maybe, and don't leave her alone whilst it's on her head. Then tone.

Hi just wondering what percent peroxide did you use with the high lift?

I used double 40 peroxide with hi lift ....now I think I will have to have to bleach tomorrow with 20 volume....
Thank you so much for the replies

I used double 40 peroxide with hi lift ....now I think I will have to have to bleach tomorrow with 20 volume....
Thank you so much for the replies

There's no need for 20vol.

I'll call wella in the am to see what they suggest....

But cam your not Wella are you 😜

Just think how dull salon geek would be if we all just used the technical help lines provided for us.

I guess I'm p***** at myself for not following my gut and listening to someone else....getting others opinions on hear makes me feel good because I just started using wella , didn't know what volume of peroxide to use on my next adventure tomorrow....I will try 1.9% to see how it works
Sorry I offended anyone by saying I'll call wella, but no one on here needs to be a wise guy..you were all in my position one time or another!

Last edited by a moderator:
But cam your not Wella are you 😜

Just think how dull salon geek would be if we all just used the technical help lines provided for us.

We could always get hairloverr to email them

Latest posts

Back