Quantcast

Mix ratio any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
When i am doing my L&P my white seems wetter than my pink, as far as i know i am doing everthing exactly how i have been taught, my pink bead is good i get the dome as u r supposed to, but my white seems wetter as i dont have as much control over it like i do my pink, what could be wrong any suggestions?
 

Lily

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
35
Location
Normanton, West Yorkshire
Hiya,

Try wiping your brush a little more to expell some of the liquid....try picking up a couple of beads and placing them on a tissue to see what shape they retain...
Amanda
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
i do do a couple of beads 1st on tissue and it always looks ok, i did wonder though if the pressure when wiping the brush was slightly different

thnx lily
 

Jenny-Nails

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
197
Reaction score
3
Location
Notts/Derbys Border
sequinto said:
When i am doing my L&P my white seems wetter than my pink, as far as i know i am doing everthing exactly how i have been taught, my pink bead is good i get the dome as u r supposed to, but my white seems wetter as i dont have as much control over it like i do my pink, what could be wrong any suggestions?

Hi Jackie, re your 'wetter white' (I'm talking CND products here but...here goes).

Your white should have an 'orange peel' effect when you look at it, again, same as Lily suggested, maybe wip the liquid out of your brush a little more before picking up a white bead.

Another thought, is your monomer clean of residue? Somethimes if there isn't much monomer in your dappen dish, and you keep dipping your brush in there, it leaves the monomer a little thicker as it has 'left overs' from your powder in there. If this is the case, I always empty the contaminated liquid away, wipe the dappen dish out, and fill it again with nice new monomer....see if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Jenny - Nails
CND Master Tech
 

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
667
Location
Leeds, UK
just another note...

White (or any other heavily pigmented powders) do pick up slightly creamier. The reason for this is because of the extra pigment.
Simply wipe your brush a little more before pickup as was previously mentioned.

Good luck
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
Thnx 4 suggestions willgive it a go
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Also another thought on checking your ratio with a test bead.........
I place my test bead on a non absorbant surface..........like a performance form...........
This way I can see if my ratio is really ok and not the tissue absorbing any surplus monomer.............If you know what I mean
Just a thought and HTH
 

Belle De Jour

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
844
Reaction score
10
Location
Hampshire
yup i do this too that way you are garenteed to know exactly what the little begger is doing :D
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Also another thought on checking your ratio with a test bead.........
I place my test bead on a non absorbant surface..........like a performance form...........
This way I can see if my ratio is really ok and not the tissue absorbing any surplus monomer.............If you know what I mean
Just a thought and HTH
What a brill idea will do that from now on
 

talented talons

Master Artist
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
3,176
Reaction score
71
Location
essex
I also practise putting beads on an old plastic sheet. I also found that my white bead was wetter than my pink, so then i would wipe too much off when brushing down.

I think you tend to do it wetter because it is white and you can'talways tell if its wet enough. Where as the pink you can see if its too wet when you look at it.
 

sequinto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
1
Location
St Lawrence Bay, Essex
talented talons said:
I also practise putting beads on an old plastic sheet. I also found that my white bead was wetter than my pink, so then i would wipe too much off when brushing down.

I think you tend to do it wetter because it is white and you can'talways tell if its wet enough. Where as the pink you can see if its too wet when you look at it.
Your so right Talented Talons i usually wipe to much of to, i thought that was because my bead was to big. I tried what Ruth suggested and that was much better cos as my bead settled i could c a ring of monomer on the outside of it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top