Mix ratio nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
All of a sudden my mix ratio for l+p is all over the show! My beads are too dry but even if I place them ( which I wouldn't normally) but I then press the bead down and a load of liquid floods the cuticle and side walls from the brush I just don't get it why this would happen when the bead itself is too dry? Can anyone help? Is my brush knackered?

I need a refresher course on CND L & P which one is best for that? Hopefully Geeg will be online and help me out :) x

hiya jayne,

what are you doing step by step?and what do you mean by you wouldnt normally place your beads? Im still getting to grips with L+P as you know but i can maybe share what i do know with you!!! xx

shouldve said for a refresher id book a 121, you will get so much more than in a class xx

Hiya Souz

I mean I wouldn't normally place a too dry bead I would normally scrap it!

X

I didn't know they did 121, are they expensive? Also is in now in London as I trained in hammer smith

The weather also affects your mix ratio. In the heat you will find your monomer evaporates quicker, making your ratio dryer.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

The weather also affects your mix ratio. In the heat you will find your monomer evaporates quicker, making your ratio dryer.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely right noticeablenails. We used to see this on days the air-conditioner wasn't working. Exactly that. Keep your monomer in a cool place and use only small amounts at a time and your ratio will go back to normal.

So funny all these problems springing up in the heat ... we are so not used to it in the UK. Yes, your polish may bubble and your ratio may go all to **** if you dont take measures to keep products cool .. especially the solvent based products.

Now that would explain it, my studio is outside and it's been getting baking in there!! Time to bring my monomer in and keep it in a cool place. I've got in contact with an education ambassador and hopefully arranging a 121 :)

Now that would explain it, my studio is outside and it's been getting baking in there!! Time to bring my monomer in and keep it in a cool place. I've got in contact with an education ambassador and hopefully arranging a 121 :)

You can keep your monomer in a cool bag or a cold wine bottle sleeve in your studio ... polishes as well.

Knowing how heat affects any chemical reaction, I'm surprised you didn't twig it could be that!

Last edited:
Tell me about it! I keep all my polishes and other gels in the cool but never considered the monomer!

I've been practising my l+p on a hand trainer this week and omg took me so long to get the mix ratio right in this heat, I knew it was the heat as the bead dried within seconds so was completely un useable!

Latest posts

Back