Mix ratio???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb2208

Reaction score
Ok. I've only recently qualified L&P and was really confident but seemed to have taken a step back 
I have clients that are now lifting. They had been fine.
I think my mix is too wet in z3?
I struggle to get this zone right, either too thick or too wet.
I think I need to worker drier in z3, but should I use less liquid on brush or longer time in powder??? But would this give me to big a ball?!

I'm not entirely happy with my brush either. Don't want to blame my tools  but have ordered yet another brush (creative #8).

I dry prep and use CND.
Any suggestions very welcome.
Thankyou x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

If you think you are working too wet on this area, then you need to adjust the mix ratio.

Do you think you are picking up a small bead for this area with still having the same amount of liquid in your brush you had for picking up your larger zone 2 bead?

You need to have less liquid so make sure you wipe most of the liquid out of your brush on the side of your dappen dish then pick up a small bead for zone 3....the powder should be absorbed by the liquid in 3 seconds so you should see the last of the powder disappear into a frosted glass bead in this time.

If it is too wet a bead the liquid can evaporate leaving a frosted appearance on the nail which will just buff away when filed, or it can also cause the product to shrink back excessively so you can look and think Where did my zone 3 go??

Hope this makes sense as I have cut, pasted and edited this from a post of mine on a very similar thread yesterday....so you are not alone with this problem lol!!

Ok. I've only recently qualified L&P and was really confident but seemed to have taken a step back 
I have clients that are now lifting. They had been fine.
I think my mix is too wet in z3?
I struggle to get this zone right, either too thick or too wet.
I think I need to worker drier in z3, but should I use less liquid on brush or longer time in powder??? But would this give me to big a ball?!

I'm not entirely happy with my brush either. Don't want to blame my tools  but have ordered yet another brush (creative #8).

I dry prep and use CND.
Any suggestions very welcome.
Thankyou x

[email protected]

I have recently qualified in l+p with CND too and also struggling with the mix ratio and lifting (Bain of my life so far lol!) I ordered the 'dog bowl' dappen dish from s2 and although I still get lifting, it's not as bad. It sounds silly but I feel when I'm wiping my brush it is a more 'cleaner' wipe and I manage to pick the bead up better. (if that makes any sense lol)

I know that that dappen dish isn't going to solve the overall lifting problem but it makes me feel better lol...even if it is all physiological!!! Lol xxx

Jo xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I'm struggling to here
1 an 2 fine it's the 3 I can't get right seems to wet
Is there a online video we can re-cap on does anyone know ? X

Thanks Jo and Izzi
I have a large based dappen if that's what you mean. Lol
My z1&2 are fine, but yes, I'm probably using same amount of liquid in z3 so will try to reduce.
Thanks

[email protected]

Brush angle , brush angle, brush angle,,,,

Right when placing your bead you nerd to wait,,,,,,,, then press and change angle of your brush to be parellel to the nail when pulling over z2 z3 ( should be only slightly feathering) you should be pressing in place in your z3 then quickly feathering over like you would when polishing, barely touching iygwim.

To thick in z2 will result in z3 being same I have found alot of nails need to be slimmer in z2 and z1 not just z3.

It is hard At first but don't let it beat you, be honest with your work, is it good, are you happy with it etc,,,:)

good luck

Hi hun, just a quick thaught, you said you dry prep. Was wondering if you have tried wet prep with the cuticle away or cuticle ereser, and then removing it with water. There was an amzing prep video posted up on here the other day and it was a real eye opener. Also do you use a metal tool? Not for a second accusing you of not knowing how to do proper prep, its just since seeing the video, I was amazed at the difference it made to her nails. I wet prep every time now, sometimes I didnt for infills and any lifting I was seeing has vanished. Hope this helps xxxx

Lovin' that video, really helpful!!

Thats the video! xxx

Thanks guys. Great vids!
I do use a metal tool, I do wet prep on a regular Mani.
I've got my new brush (pro styler #8) and it feels more comfortable.
Gonna keep working on it. It's gonna beat me!

Thanks again x

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back