Mixing acrylic powder with glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeAR

Reaction score
last night I had a client that wanted pink glitter acrylic on 4 nails then silver glitter on her ring finger so I mixed some glitter pigment with clear acrylic in a separate pot and applied it but it wasn't as concentrated as I'd have liked so it took me a while on each nail so that there were no gaps in the glitter! Has anyone got any tips on mixing clear acrylic with glitters? I roughly used the ratio 10 scoops clear:2 scoops glitter

Last edited:
I think it's 2 scoops acrylic to 1 scoop glitter, this is what I was told anyway. And it's always worked for me x

Ahhhh really? So no wonder the glitter was a bit sparse! Oops! I mean, the nails turned out fine in the end but it would have been easier if I'd have got my ratios right! thanks :)

I normally do 1:3 (1 scoop glitter to 3 scoops clear powder) I get great coverage with this.

For a more diluted look, use more clear acrylic powder 😊

U was trained to just dip your clear ball once on your brush also into glitter then apply and that has worked for me. Saves having too many mixed pots if glitter open .

Beauty at your finger tips!

Yes I agree on the 1:3 ratio, 1 part glitter:3 part clear acrylic powder.

One way to achieve depth is to do a very thin application of coloured acrylic powder first. This gives a whole new dimension to nails with glitter.

I have found this method especially good under chunky glitters as they can get quite thick when you try and ensure complete coverage.

HTH.

Latest posts

Back