Mixing old and new Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camillebates

Reaction score
I've just got to the end of a bottle of hot chillis and it's gone a little thick. I have a new bottle, can I pour the old bit into the new bottle to save wastage? Or will it affect the new bottle?

Just curious really, there's at least a set in there would be a shame to chuck it! Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't mix them in case it ruins ur new bottle. I was told to turn the bottle upside down and hit it against my hand for 30 seconds before each client to ensure its thoroughly mixed to prevent the shellac going thick and unworkable. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just got to the end of a bottle of hot chillis and it's gone a little thick. I have a new bottle, can I pour the old bit into the new bottle to save wastage? Or will it affect the new bottle?

Just curious really, there's at least a set in there would be a shame to chuck it! Xx

I think if I were going to try that, that I would mix a small amount of your new product with enough of the old on a pallet to make the consistency you want, and use it up as quickly as you can, rather than risking wasting your new product in your old bottle. Mix until it feels the right consistency and then use immediately. Mix a new batch for each set until you've used it up.

But don't forget, you will have already have paid for that bottle many times over with the money it has generated in services.

But don't forget, you will have already have paid for that bottle many times over with the money it has generated in services.

Hadn't thought if it that way! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back