MMA article in LOOK Magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Maybe some of you have already seen the 2 page feature in the LOOK magazine that hit the shelves today, sadly the gave it a scary title "We have been maimed in a nail bar" but apart from that it is a pretty good feature that will hopefully reach a lot of women out there, buy the mag, have a read and see what you think x
Please also make sure you have signed the online petition on my website x

good stuff! just hope it doesn't put people off having their nails done altogether ???:eek:

good stuff! just hope it doesn't put people off having their nails done altogether ???:eek:

yes thats why i was bit concerned by title ..... x

I hope this link works ... go to pages 6/7, then right click to zoom in on the article.

Look : Look

Thanks for that karen,

it is scarey what people will put up with when they don't know any better.

I just hope this article makes people more aware of what to ask for.

I hope this link works ... go to pages 6/7, then right click to zoom in on the article.

well done with that link, gosh some of you are so good with computer stuff, how do u add links like that?

Saved me £1.40, I was just about to run up the shop and grab one..lol.:)

Thank you for posting this link. I have a few people I can hand this to...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link Noddle, interesting article. I've hopefully got my MP involved just waiting for him to get back to me.

does abody see the untruths and mis-information, what is wrong with electric files, wearing masks, or not having level 3 qual????????????????

so fed up of this mis-information

Last edited:
Well done Keeley and Victoria! i think the artical is fab..... and great exposure for what MMA ans NSS can do etc....

........but im with Kerry relating to the is your nail salon safe? section.... some aspects can be seen as miss leading........I too wear a mask when im using my efile plus as i did my nvq many years ago.......... so the unit for artifical nails was nvq level 2 at the time.....

Jess
xox

wonder who edited the article, not a nail tech and certainly not Victoria or Keely? This is why things get lost in translation - in my view the article made Victoria and Keely look uninformed and incompetant - something we know they are not

I'm not a nail geek but have had my nails done by masked techs. I didn't realise until I joined this site that they were using dangerous chemicals etc....and shall always go to proper techs in the future. I am proud to say I have signed the petition.

How can anyone think this article is good!!!!!

This is NOT the way to get MMA banned! This is the way to get the nail industry an even worse reputation than it already has!

There is absolutely no balance in what is good. It is all about extreme disasters and no information about how rare these disasters are. The advice at the end is rubbish!

People have fallen into the trap of going along with the mags that are only interested in a horror story as long as the industry has been around. They never change anything for the better. They just bring all the bad stuff to the consumers attention. (How many consumers do you think were thinking of booking an appointment this week, read that and decided not to go near one?)

Where are nice stories of how a long tern nail biter had fabulous nails for her wedding, for example, that could send those consumers straight to the phone.

This is not doing the industry any favours at all. The MMA issue is in hand and this hasn't helped its progress; it has just lost the industry quite a lot of new clients

I'm not a nail geek but have had my nails done by masked techs. I didn't realise until I joined this site that they were using dangerous chemicals etc....and shall always go to proper techs in the future. I am proud to say I have signed the petition.

not every tech who wears a mask uses mma.... i am some times a masked tech who uses ezflows monomer which EMA

.... personally its nothing to do with the vapour why i wear my mask.... its the dust for me.... i work in it every day so i didnt really want to keep breathing in dust when using my efile end of.... i also have dust extraction in my desk... but the mask for me is just back up and i only wear it when efiling nothing else...

Jess
xox

have been thinking about the article even now i have to explain to scared clients why nails can be ruined ( by crap techs and mma ) i think putting this sort of stuff in print in a popular mag is going to have a bad knock on affect to business's, wish a geek new the editor could write another article with all the correct info ???

How can anyone think this article is good!!!!!

This is NOT the way to get MMA banned! This is the way to get the nail industry an even worse reputation than it already has!

There is absolutely no balance in what is good. It is all about extreme disasters and no information about how rare these disasters are. The advice at the end is rubbish!

People have fallen into the trap of going along with the mags that are only interested in a horror story as long as the industry has been around. They never change anything for the better. They just bring all the bad stuff to the consumers attention. (How many consumers do you think were thinking of booking an appointment this week, read that and decided not to go near one?)

Where are nice stories of how a long tern nail biter had fabulous nails for her wedding, for example, that could send those consumers straight to the phone.

This is not doing the industry any favours at all. The MMA issue is in hand and this hasn't helped its progress; it has just lost the industry quite a lot of new clients

This is my thoughts exactly. Have emailed the editor to basicly advise her that the article is full of misinformsation. I think that she has put herself in a very vunerable position as she is saying that me using a mask or electric file makes me unsafe, maybe legal advise should have been sort before printing an article like this

This is my thoughts exactly. Have emailed the editor to basicly advise her that the article is full of misinformsation. I think that she has put herself in a very vunerable position as she is saying that me using a mask or electric file makes me unsafe, maybe legal advise should have been sort before printing an article like this

Good for you hunny:)

whats her email add, maybe if we all mailed her something could be done ?

Latest posts

Back